Chapter 10:

-----Earlier that day--------
                                                      Lani
       And now that I am finished. I can relax and take a nap after I eat. I lock my car and head inside,food in hand. I walk into my room and there's hella presents wrapped with red and pink gift wrapping. There are gift bags and one box with holes in it. "What in the hell.",I look around. "Damn you back already?",I hear Aaron.
             "Where the hell you come from?",I turn to him as he's standing in the hallway behind me. "Spain",he says and scoops me up in his arms. "Answer me. What is all this?",I ask. "You really thought I forgot about your second favorite holiday?",he eyes me. "Sort of",I mumble. "Nah,that would've killed the surprise",he says catching me off guard. "So this is the surprise?",I smile hugely.
      "Kind of",he smirks. "Kind of?",I raise an eyebrow. "Yep. I think you should open the box wit tha holes on it first tho",Aaron smiles sneakily. I run over to the box and pull the top off. I open it to reveal a black puppy with a pink and purple collar on.

 ""You got  a puppy?",I ask

""You got  a puppy?",I ask. "I got us a puppy",he smiles. "What should we name her?",I look over at him. He shrugs. "Let's call her Juno",I smile at the sleeping puppy. "Juno it is then. ",Aaron smiles. "One question what the fuck is a Juno",Aaron snickers. "Don't start",I narrow my eyes at him.
                                              ~~~~~Jae~~~~~
              "Will you marry me Jae Jackson?",Demarcus asks. "YES!",I shout and he slides the engagement ring on my ring finger. He stands up and I hug him tightly and kiss him. Damn, this ring is huge!

I was sorta bored and ain't know what to write so ima write about the night we all met

"How'd you hear about this party?",I ask."This guy at the barbershop had said there was a party tonight and said I should come through",Jae explains."She thinks he cute. That's why she came",Lahna rolls her eyes. "Are y'all at a party or not?",Jae says as we step out the car.
     It's pretty out here. It looks really beautiful."Ooo, this is my song",Lele says, hearing the mulatto play. "I throw that ass back to see if he gon catch it",Mulatto rings through the air. "Y'all gon come wit me to the dance floor or y'all just gon stand there",Lele asks. "I'm thirsty",I say and walk over to a cooler that is nearby.I walk away from my girls and grab a drink. I heard that Mike was recently in town and last time I saw him, things didn't go so well. Arms were bruised,chairs were thrown,wrists were grabbed, etc. Gifts from an abusive ex I guess. As I sip my drink, I spot that familiar ass fade. Of course he'd be here. I chug the drink. Being sober ain't it.  "Yo you good?", Jae asks. "No, I'm not good.",I  answer. She gives me a confused and uneasy look."Mike is here",I answer quickly. "Wait how. I thought he moved",she says  a little lost.
    "I thought that too",I say, a little distraught. "I know it's him. He has the same tattoo and everything",I groan. "Okay what's wrong with him being here",Jae  asks looking around. "I don't wanna see him. It was such a bad breakup. And he's here with his new girlfriend. Look at her",I groan and motions towards the two of them dancing. She has no asss!
           "Really, a white girl....He downgraded like a mf.",she  says eyeing the pair. "Oh please. She is pretty!",I put my  head in my hands. "Just drink some water. He hasn't seen you yet so it's not important. And you look good. So go kiss up on somebody. Go be a hoe. Shit I don't know, just do somethin damn",She says in a disappointed tone.    "Fine you're right. Ima go party",I hop up from the blue chair i'm sitting in."You came",I hear someone. "Yessir",Jae smiles a little. He's with his friend who was a little shorter than him but taller than both me and Jae. I grab my solo red cup and put some liquor in it,my gaze still focused on Mike and his new chick.
         "Oh, this my boy Aaron",the taller one introduces his friend. "Wassup",Aaron  smiles,catching my eye because damn he is fine . "This is my cousin Lehlani",Jae introduces me. "Hey",I  smile brightly at Aaron. "Leh is that you?",we hear Mike. Jae must be able to tell that my face drops because she gives me a look. "Yep it's me", I say with a fake smile as he walks over. "Hey I haven't seen you in forever",he says with a smirk. "Oh by the way, this is Brie",He introduces his colonizer. "Hi",the girl gives me the evil eye.
                 "Who this?",Mike says as he realizes that Aaron and I  are standing sorta close to each other. "This is Aaron",I answer with a smile. "Her boyfriend",he put his arm over my shoulder. We all look at him confused. "Yep",I answer thinking quick on my feet. "If you don't mind us,we bout to go dance",he takes me to the crowd of people dancing.
     "Um what was that about?",I ask,still confused about what just happened. "Me saving your ass",he says with a smirk. "Oh you were saving my ass?",I ask,raising an eyebrow. "In a way..I guess you saved my ass",he says. "How's that?",I cross my arms. "Cause that was bout to be one hell of awkward convo",he chuckles. I laugh a little. "You got a cute laugh",he smiles.
             I roll my eyes as he's given me very much flirty vibes. And I'm not bout to get played. He starts dancing a little to the music playin. "Now come on. You look too good and that face is too pretty for you to just be standin there wit ya arms crossed",he says,dancing closer to me and around me. I smile uncontrollably and start dancing with him.
                                   ~~~2:45 AM THAT NIGHT~~~
         "Y'all are fuckin slow bruh",Jay laughs. I smile as I sip my soda that may or may not have liquor in it. Jae and Lahna are still dying laughing at how mean Demarcus was being to the girl from earlier. I haven't felt like this in forever. "You didn't have to go on her like that",Aaron laughs.     "Rightt. Like you ain't have to go on that nigga for his shoes",De laughs. "Aye,his shoes was busted tho",I laugh as they pass the blunt.
              "That's what I'm sayin,how you gon show up to a party wit yo shoes that fucked up",Aaron laughs. I bite into the piece of pizza on my paper plate.Lele and Cj are in her room,doin lord knows what. Lahna lookin at Jay like she finna tear his clothes off. Lil Kims, "No matter what they say" plays and the liquor does sum. I hop up,pulling Jae with me and we dance in the living room.
       I'm not in control of my body but I know my ass is shakin because I know me and I know Jae. She dances over to De and starts making out with him. I dance with Aaron,his hands wrapped around my waist.