Chapter 3- Threshes pov

I feel my eyelids flutter open. Even though it was dim the soft light still hurt my eyes. They had been closed for so long. Wait...I CAN OPEN MY EYES?!? The last thing I remember is being killed by mutts in the games. Man, for being in a burial place there sure seems to be a lot of living people. I only remember a few of them.

Over there, that's Marvel. He's a weird person. And over there, the blond boy is Cato. And thats...oh my... Well that's Rue. I feel like I have a connection with her. But I just don't know what about.

And there's one more person here that I can remember. And that person is Clove. I remember her the most because I killed her. Smashed her head with a rock, more like it. I really didn't want to kill anyone. So I don't know why I killed her. She probably did something horrible to make me extremely angry, I'm not sure what though. My memory still hasn't fully made its way back yet.

One thing that I know for sure is that me and Cato got in a fight. He failed to kill me. But he did knock me out cold. He thought he had killed me, but he didn't.

Then I realized that both Marvel and Cato were sitting up staring at each other in shock. Once they saw that I was up and awake they were looking at me! Do they even remember who I am? Maybe, I mean I did try to kill Cato. And Marvel... Well I don't know about him.

"Thresh? Is...is that you?" Cato questioned me sounding very confused. "Cato?" I responded with. "Oh my gosh...what's happening? I could have sworn that we were all dead, and correct me if I'm wrong but, we're pretty alive right now." That weird old Marvel said. He's crazy.

"Yea what's up with that?...so how long have you guys been, you know... Alive?

"Not long" Cato said

"Yeah, actually like maybe 5 or 8 minutes. So umm I was thinking do you guys think that were turning into zombies?" Marvel asked.

"no I don't think so." I said "but I am getting hungry but ill last."

"Wait what's that over there?, is that..bread?!"

"I believe it is." Cato said in a mysterious voice. We crawled our way over there and started stuffing our faces with the deliciousness of soft bread.