Chapter 15- Various POVs

Marvel pov

....................................

Jesus my face hurts. You would think a 90 pound little girl falling DIRECTLY on to you with absolutely no warning wouldn't hurt that bad. But you'd be wrong. Because, trust me, it really, really hurts.

"We need to find some way out of this place. We may be undead but I'm still hungry!" Rue complains.

"I agree. Man, where's that random bread when we need it?" I say. Rue looks at me and we both start to laugh. But then we get serious again. No matter how much we joke about it we really do need to get out of this cave or we are going to starve.

At first when we realized climbing out of the cave wasn't an option ( again, OW!) Rue and I began searching the rest of the cave to see if there was another way out. But after a few hours we gave up and ended up sitting back in the room with the hole in the roof. I'm not exactly sure why we decided to go back there. I guess in case Cato and the others decide to come back. Although if they do and come falling through that hole like Rue did I REALLY don't want to be under them.

"You're sure my jaw isn't broken?"

"Oh. My. Gosh Marvel! Stop asking me your jaw is not broken!" I may have been imagining it but I'm pretty sure she mumbled something that sounded like "I think" at the end of that.

................................................................

Thesh pov

...............................

"Does anyone remember which way we went from here?"

"No. Not with all this rain."

"Which way should we go?"

"Let's just keep walking."

"In which direction smart one?" a conversation just like this one had been going on for around 20 minutes since the rain started. Of course it wasn't real rain. Just like a hot, sticky soup trickling from the sky, getting our hopes up for fresh water without nearly enough of it to drink.

"Cato! Clove! We need to get out of this rain and find the others. Not fight about which way to go. Let's just walk back to the cornucopia where we can actually see!". Man I am so over those two. So lovey dovey all the time they can't get anything done.

"Ok Thresh your right. Let's go but we need to be careful not to get spotted by the tributes. " Clove says.

"Agreed. I think we should eventually talk to some tributes but for now it's probably best we stay hidden." Says Cato.

"Hard to stay hidden with you two around." I mumble under my breath.

"Did you say something?"

"Hmm? Oh, no."

"Okay..." Clove gives me a look like she thinks I'm crazy. Guess what? She's the one who keeps having freaking mental break downs in the middle of an arena full of murdering teenagers and adults that won their games. And I'm the crazy one.

As we were walking towards the cornucopia the "rain" finally stopped.

Then the fog came.

"Aaahhhh. Oh my god. Aaahhhh. Don't let the fog touch you. Oohhhh owww Jesus." We hear an extremely familiar voice yell. The same voice we heard in our games. The same one that volunteered for her little sister one year ago at the reaping.

And Katniss Everdeen was getting closer. And she wasn't alone.

"Run! Don't let them see you and DONT let that fog touch you okay? Head towards the cornucopia and don't stop!". I whisper-yell as I begin running , not bothering to look back and see if the others are following. If they don't then it's already too late probably and I'm not risking it. Especially when Rue and Marvel are still stuck in the cave somewhere.