Chapter 2

_ . _

Chapter 2

"I told you, Samael. It's not that you don't belong in that fucked-up family! It's because they don't deserve you at all!"

A voice of a woman was yelling in high pitch, echoing throughout the edges of the huge cave illuminated by glowing blue coral reefs. Her face was not that bad, but it would be considered hideous in the lands of Olympus. Her skin was painted with a green color like that of a frog, a webbing imbued in her hands and feet that sticks her fingers together, and eyes and hair colored in aquatic blue.

 Her skin was painted with a green color like that of a frog, a webbing imbued in her hands and feet that sticks her fingers together, and eyes and hair colored in aquatic blue

Aretha
Semi-immortal creature living in the depths of Olympus' sea

Samael ignored Aretha, who spoke, and continued to drink his liquor poured into a silver chalice. Aretha glanced at him and let out a sigh, "You know, you don't have to be jealous of them. You have me and Lady Circe."

Samael frowned and lifted his gaze at Aretha. "Who said that I'm jealous? Aretha, your mouth is running wild today. Did those fish in the water make you hungry again?"

"You jerk, I was worrying about you!" Aretha exclaimed and crossed her hands. "Although I'm still half mortal, I'm sure Lady Circe will do anything to save my pitiful situation! You're so inconsiderate."

Samael sighed, "And now you're angry. Look who's picking their nose on other people's business earlier."

"I was just worried!" Aretha insisted and sat on the boulder, which had been crowded by the glowing blue coral reefs.

Samael sipped on his chalice and placed it on the stone table. He heaved a heavy breath, then glanced at Aretha, who seemed dejected. "You don't have to worry about me. I will manage everything on my own. I don't need lingering attachments to those divine beings."

"Tsk!" Aretha hugged her knees and clicked her tongue in frustration. "They're so ungrateful. I know how you've been struggling since you were a child. You were always out here, lurking in the darkness to defeat monsters who pose danger to the sea of Olympus, while they're locked in their golden cage, enjoying to their hearts' content like nothing is happening outside."

"......."

Samael wasn't able to respond to her words. He always perceived Aretha as a person who was too similar to him. Aretha was once a mortal, the daughter of a fisherman in a small village in Greece. She was blooming as a lady when she drowned in the river and died. Her corpse was lucky enough to meet Circe, the enchantress in the depths of the sea and a goddess of sorcery who was skilled in the magic of transmutation, illusion, and necromancy.

Circe retrieved Aretha's body and brought her back to the goddess' mythical island, Ayaia. Circe loved necromancy the most, which is why she was regarded as an evil witch in Olympus and was locked on an island in the far away waters of Olympus. Circe preferred necromancy because she always encountered dead nymphs and sirens along her travels, which made her lead the lost souls to salvation by giving them another chance in life once again.