Chapter 29

_ . _

Chapter 29

The lyre played by maidens made a sweet and elegant sound pleasing to the ear, with the trumpets slightly blown, making low bass and high-pitched sounds. The banquet officially began. The guests in the banquet hall stood still and elegantly, while Zeus and Hera sat on their thrones on the elevated platform in the center of the hall.

"I am deeply grateful to all of you for coming to Aphrodite's only biological son's banquet," Zeus said, smiling at the guests.

Aphrodite, who was standing in the center of the hall with the moonlight shining down on her from the banquet hall's glass ceiling, was looking sophisticated and beautiful in her long chiton gown, which had some edges of its fabric cut out, revealing the delicate and lustrous part of her body.

Some of the gods looked at her with lust and desire in their eyes, while others looked at her with admiration and envy. Aphrodite smiled at them and bowed to Zeus and Hera with her lustrous lips. "Thank you on behalf of my son, father," she said softly and sweetly.

"Though his father, Ares, is not present, let us still make this a joyful banquet for the sake of your son," Hera said, her face beaming.

Aphrodite gazed at her with eyes full of rage; veins started popping at the edge of her forehead. The other gods and goddesses who were listening began to whisper behind her back about why Ares was not present and about the state of their relationship.

"It is clear why Ares is not present."

"He has no feelings for Aphrodite."

"I am sure that bitch seduced Ares just so she could have his child."

"Haha! It is no surprise! Ares will succeed Zeus as the next ruler of Olympus!"

"We assumed Athena would be his wife once he became ruler."

"I am sure it is fine for Aphrodite to live as a mistress; even if she cannot become Queen of Olympus, she can at least make amends with other men!"

"Pfft!"

The goddesses gradually realized an intense bloodlust directed at them as they whispered loud enough for Aphrodite to hear. When they shifted their gaze to the center of the hall, they were terrified to see Aphrodite staring at them, her brows deeply frowning and her teeth grinding.

"You dare to run your mouths in front of me?" Aphrodite murmured, but the goddesses could clearly hear her. "You must be pleading for your death."

The goddesses trembled, unable to bear the weight of her ferocious bloodlust. Aphrodite's two foster sons, Phobos and Demios, on the other hand, were smiling at the poor goddesses, as if they expected this to happen to the goddess because of their foolishness.

"I-I apologize..."

"Enough, Aphrodite," Hera's warning voice said, and Aphrodite's bloodlust vanished. She exhaled heavily before returning her gaze to Zeus, who was staring at her indifferently, and Hera, whose face was angry. "We should be joyful for your son's awakening." Hera sighed and clapped her hands. "Let the music play as we welcome Eros!"

The gods and goddesses paved the way in the middle of the hall as they stared at the delicate-looking boy who was slowly walking in the center of the banquet as the music of the trumpet and lyre continued. His face was tense. Despite this, his beautiful face and blond hair drew the attention of the guests present.