Chapter 17

_ . _

Chapter 17

News had spread about the banquet at the palace of Olympus, reaching the ears of the priestesses in Athena's temple. They were intrigued by the fact that Erichthonius brought Samael to the Olympus and left the Kingdom of Athens to Bithia and Tacia, once renowned warriors who fought by Athena's side at war.

"For Lord Erichthonius to leave Athens, is it because of Lord Samael?" One of the priestess said to her companions as they sat on the fountain in the temple's garden.

"Then what about the Kingdom of Athens? Will Lady Tacia and Lady Bithia rule over it for a while?"

"That's too." The priestesses glanced at each other with eyes filled with conflict and concern. "The Kingdom of Athens is an honorable gift for Goddess Athena. It was gifted by King Zeus. Lord Erichthonius must not just leave it just like that."

One of the young priestesses leaned closer to the others and whispered, "Did you know what I heard from the priestesses of the other temple?"

"What?"

"They said that Medusa's son had a curse! The priestesses of Olympus' palace heard the Twelve Gods fighting about his curse."

The priestesses looked at each other in shock. "Could it be that Lord Samael is the reason why Lord Erichthonius is on Olympus?"

"Shh!" The young priestess covered their mouths and shook her head as she looked at the surroundings. "You can't say careless words! Someone might hear! Just so you know, we might serve Lord Samael and Lord Erichthonius now. So please be careful of your thoughts and words, sisters."

"I see..." One of the priestesses smiled at the young priestesses. "Thank you for telling us, Aria."

All of them halted when they heard loud footsteps from the other side of the garden. A priestess who was gasping for breath ran towards them and spoke, "Sisters! No time to be lazing around! Goddess Athena returned! The Head Priestess is pissed!"

Terror was seen on the priestesses' faces as they abruptly stood up from the fountain and started running towards the temple. All of them went back to their tasks while the others accompanied the Head Priestess in welcoming Athena's return.

"Welcome back, Goddess," the Head Priestess greeted as she bowed down with the other priestesses.

Ythera
Head Priestess of Athena's Temple

Athena glanced at them briefly and was about to head back to her chambers when Ythera, the head priestess, suddenly spoke. "Goddess, please wait."