Chapter 11

_ . _

Chapter 11

The once extravagant military quarters turned into a rundown hall in an instant. The soldiers were looking at the man with their bodies fixated into a threatened pose. However, knowing the consequences of diving into the unknown, they didn't dare make a move and just observed from afar.

The man, who was actually Samael, tightened his grip on the chain as he spoke in a low, sharp tone, "What, you punks? I told you to come here so that I'd woop your asses. Are you telling me you're all incapable of understanding every single word I say?"

"......."

One of the soldiers jabbed his companion and whispered, "What should we do?"

"I don't even know!" His companion replied.

"Do you even know who that is?" His other companion asked.

"I've never seen that man before, though," the soldier replied.

His other companion slapped his head and whispered again, "Idiot! That man is married to King Erichthonius! It was rumored that he is the son of Medusa and Poseidon!"

Hearing those words, the other soldiers started to show fear in their eyes. Some of them withdrew their hands from the handle of their sword and stood properly.

Samael arched his brows as he watched the action of the soldiers. It seems that they recognize me now. "Do I have to repeat myself again?"

"No, Sir!"

The soldiers immediately lined themselves up while running in Samael's direction. They straightened their backs and positioned their bodies while forming four straight lines.

Samael's footsteps reverberated throughout the wrecked hall of the military quarters. He walked in circles as he stared at the nervously lining soldiers, arching his brows as he observed them silently. The soldiers maintained their straight faces. However, their sweat started to drip down their faces from the sense of Samael's pressure.

"Listen here," Samael said in a deep, demanding tone. "Starting today, you all will undergo new training, per my husband's order." Samael cleared his throat with the last two words.

"Wha—His Majesty's order?!" one of the soldiers exclaimed, his whispers being heard by his companions.

"Shh! Lower your voice!" The other soldier nervously whispered.

Samael looked in their direction. The two soldiers flinched and immediately averted their gaze while maintaining a straight line and pose. Deep inside, Samael feels frustrated by the military's situation. He had never even seen soldiers drinking their fill while they were on duty. Even though he lived the same life as those soldiers in Poseidon's castle, he had never seen the soldiers in his father's castle do such a leisurely act.

Samael heaved a breath and spoke, "The training begins now. Run twenty laps around the military quarters."

The soldiers that were once forming a straight line immediately scattered with a face of disbelief. "Twenty laps?! That's utterly outrageous, My Lord!"

"We've never run ten laps before! Let alone twenty laps?!"

"We'd rather die!"

"That's right! That's right!"

"Just kill us!"

"Oh..." The soldiers suddenly became quiet as they watched a golden mist of smoke flow out behind Samael's body. "So you'd rather be dead, I see." The soldiers gulped down hard upon hearing Samael's calm but threatening words. They watched Samael pick up the chain on the floor again and glance at them. "Come here. I'll kill you myself."