Chapter 30

_ . _

Chapter 30

Eros slowly came to his senses as he heard a man's feeble voice from nearby, asking, "Is he still breathing?"

"Of course, he is. I checked his vitals when he suddenly collapsed in front of me." He heard another voice of man speak. This time, Eros finally opened his eyes.

His eyelashes fluttered as he slowly opened his eyelid, his wolf-grey eyes slightly gleaming as he felt a tear escape from the corner of his eyes. He inhaled heavily, his palm clutched, and immediately stood, his hand reaching out to the hem of his chiton, remembering the incident that happened earlier.

"...W-Where am I?" Eros murmured to himself, he could hear his hoarse voice echoing inside the room. Judging from the interior of the room and its furniture, he is still at the palace of Olympus.

"Oh, you're finally awake."

Eros lifted his gaze, staring right at the figure of a man above him. It was the same features of the man he saw earlier as he was running away from his brothers. The man's height was as tall as him, his skin like that of desert sand, and his noticeable eyes radiating a golden glow. "You..."

As his vision gradually improved, he noticed a second silhouette behind the man in front of him. He was taller than him, with a somewhat robust build, skin that was slightly tanned, short hair that had been dyed platinum blonde, and golden eyes, just like the man he had met earlier. The only difference was that the man's golden eyes appeared to be burning, while the tall man's golden eyes resembled exquisite gems.

As Eros started at the tall man, his heart skipped a beat when his nightmare suddenly came to haunt him. The tall man's physical features look similar to his brothers, so he feels like he can still sense his brothers around the room.

The man in front of him seems to notice his unusual behavior. He turned his gaze at the tall man leaning on the door and spoke, "Erich, step out for a bit."

"..." The tall man didn't respond, as if he didn't want to leave the man in front of him. The man in front of Eros sighed and stood up, walking towards the tall man's direction. Soon after, Eros froze when he saw the two kissing each other, followed by a soft voice coming from the man whom he met earlier, "I'll take care of this first. Just do your thing at the banquet."

"Alright." Eros heard the tall man respond. The tall man cast a glance in his direction, which made him flinch in intimidation, and left the room. He and the man he left earlier were the only ones remaining inside the room.

"Um..." Eros shifted his glance left and right, searching for the appropriate words to say as he attempted to strike up a conversation. He cast a timid glance at the man, who was simply staring at him from a distance as if observing what was going on. Eros lowered his gaze and bit his lip. Even if he confesses to him everything that has happened to the man in front of him, it will only make matters worse. He is concerned that Phobos and Demios may harm the man in front of him.

Realizing that the man in front of him didn't want to respond, Eros surrendered his body in exhaustion as he laid back on the bed, his chest still pounding aggressively. After a while, he saw the man move from the corner of his eyes, walking towards the nightstand as he picked up the silver chalice that seemed to contain water. "Here. Drink this. You're too nervous." The man in front of him handed him the chalice of water.

"T-Thank you," Eros said in hesitation. He accepted the chalice with trembling hands, his mouth slightly opened as he took a sip from the edge of the chalice. As he swallowed the water down his throat, he could feel his anxiety gradually fading away, like a shroud of mist brushed away by an invisible force.