chapter one: ジョーカー

Keiko Saskai loved cards. More than anything else in the world, she viewed cards as the best personality labels. Afterall, everyone knew the basis of every suit and court card in terms of their connotation. On top of being extremely accurate for personalities, Keiko also believed that cards were a good way of communicating. Flashing a king and queen meant there was a difficulty going on with the case. An eight and nine meant they had to change plans. And the joker, oh, the joker, Keiko's favorite; that meant that the plan was complete.

This secretive language of cards wasn't just used between Keiko; her whole trio used it as well. They called themselves the Royal Flush, although they didn't have a king, jack, or ten in their pile. However, they all used their special language to communicate when carrying out a mission. INstead of speaking and possibly blowing their covers, they'd flash their cards when passing by the other person.

The first in the group was Keiko, whose code name was the joker, after her favorite card. She was the one always in charge of providing reasoning to anyone questioning. Basically, her job was to lie and flirt their way out of any trouble they may encounter, and boy, did they encounter a lot.

Second was Karin Suzuki, the queen of hearts. Her job was to look out for everything. If anyone was ever coming their way, it was Karin's job to handle it and make sure nothing went wrong with their assignment. She protected the case with her life, and killed anyone trying to kill them.

Finally was Kimiko Inoue, the ace of spades. She did everything, and she was amazing. She knew exactly what she needed to do without ever being told, and made sure that nothing went wrong. She's the reason the Royal Flush haven't failed a case, mainly because she's so good at combat.

But together, the three girls made the Royal Flush, Japan's most infamous... whatever they were. And currently, their job was to protect the son of the white death, who would be boarding the bullet train until Kyoto, protected by two others; the twins responsible for the BOlivia job.

"Do you think we'll fight with them?" Karin looked around, hoping her friends would say no.

"Why would we? We have the same goal; protect this fucker," Kimiko shrugged.

"Maybe they'll be super hot, and we can fall in love and then have an assassin wedding," Keiko joked.

"Well, what about me?" Karin pouted. "I'll be all alone while you two get married."

"You can be the flower girl," Keiko laughed.

"She's joking, Karin," Kimiko rolled her eyes. "No one's falling in love on the train, especially with those psychotic twins."

"Psychotic? We've done worse than them!" Keiko defended.

"Like what? And don't you dare say our Vienna job, that was purely coincidental," Kimiko shook her head.

"Coincidental? We killed 75 people with our bare hands," Keiko shook her head. "But there was also the Vatican city, Madagascar, and Taipei jobs."

"Hey, Taipei wasn't just us!" Karin interjected. "But Vatican City and Madagascar were our best works."

"See? Told you," Keiko shrugged at Kimiko.

"I'm not questioning the quality of our work, of course we're good," Kimiko scoffed. "I'm merely saying, luck usually makes it so that more people die than who we're intending to kill!"

"Really? That's never happened to me," Keiko shrugged. "Everyone that's died I've wanted dead."

"Yeah, me too," Karin agreed.