chapter five: ハートの女王

It wasn't long after Keiko shoved Ladybug's face into the window that she stormed away, going to the very front car with the controls to see if Tangerine had been daring enough to jump back on. She had seen him running alongside and figured that would be the most, well, reasonable, thing that he would do. 

Surely, she was right. 

As soon as she entered the control room she saw the glass from the front window break open, Tangerine falling down and hitting the ground with a loud noise. Keiko instantly came over to his side, trying desperately to see if he was okay. 

As she approached his side, she saw the blood pouring out from his fist and noticed how heavy his breath was. She instantly sat down on the ground next to him and grabbed his hand, checking to see if there was any broken glass in it. 

"How did you know--"

"I'm good at predicting things," She mumbled, pulling the tweezers from her bag to remove the glass shards in his hand. 

"We don't really have time for this--"

"Shut up," Keiko placed a finger up to his lips, to which Tangerine stopped talking. "Ladybug isn't getting off of this train. Even if he does, the briefcase is still on here somewhere with that girl."

"Fine," Tangerine quietly let her continue, watching as she pulled out a bandage from her bag as well. "Do you just have everything in there?"

"I carry a first-aid kit with me all the time," She answered. 

"What did that card mean? The one you flashed to me when we first met?" Tangerine inquired. 

"It represents reckless love," Keiko explained. "It meant that I thought by letting you know you were attractive, through the card, I'd get lucky with you."

"Well?" Tangerine titled his head. "Did you get what you wanted?"

"Hm, somewhat," Keiko honestly replied. "Not everything I wanted though."

"Yeah?" He hummed, Keiko looking up at his face now. "What else did you want?"

To Keiko, actions were always more powerful than words. Someone telling her happy birthday wasn't the same as someone throwing her a surprise party. Someone saying I love you wasn't the same as kissing her like she was the only person around. Actions were just more clear. 

So when she slammed her lips onto Tangerine's, she hoped he would understand what she was (non-verbally) saying to him. Obviously he did understand, as he grabbed her legs and swung one over him, so she was now straddling over his lap. He kept one hand on her thigh while the other rubbed up and down her back, the two instantly switching to an intense make-out. 

Keiko ran her fingers through his curly hair, unable to regulate her breathing as he feverishly began sucking down on her neck. She couldn't help but giggle as his mustache tickled her neck, but Tangerine paid it no mind and continued, sucking on the skin until he saw it turn bruised. 

"I think you'll leave more marks with that mustache than with hickies," She whispered to him. 

"I'll shave it," He whispered, going back to kissing her. 

"Really? On a train?" A voice greeted from the doorway. Keiko and Tangerine both pulled away, seeing Karin by the door. Keiko went to slide off of Tangerine's lap, but his grip on her hips tightened. 

"There's glass all on the ground, hold on," He shook his head, wrapping his arms under her legs. 

"So?" She shrugged as he hoisted the two of them off from the ground, setting Keiko on her feet.