Chapter 35

A/n: what's up my dudes! I changed the song from the movie to Just like Fire by Pink. Thank you all for your song suggestions. After a lot of thought, I chose this song because I thought it was the most fitting match for combining both the character and the theme of joy for the planet.

Word count- 1462 words

Enjoy~

* * *

Your POV

I didn't have time to go and congratulate Johnny for how good he did, I had to run down to beneath the stage and get ready for my part, which started any moment now.

I tried to calm my nervousness by taking deep breaths. This happened every time I ever preformed.

"Mission report: we have entered the Planet of Joy."

"Are you ready, (y/n)?)" Buster asked.

"Yes."

"All right, here we go. Time to show the world what you're made of, again."

The trampoline floor shot me up onto the stage. I looked out into the crowd, much, much larger than any I have ever seen before. The turnout was amazing.

I know that I'm running out of time
I want it all, mmm-mmm
And I'm wishing they'd stop tryna turn me off
I want it all, mmm-mmm
And I'm walking on a wire, trying to go higher
Feels like I'm surrounded by clowns and liars
Even when I get it all the way
I want it all, mmm-mmm

Angry-looking blow up aliens sprang from the floor. I walked by all of them, poking or tracing my fingers along them. As they were to touched they "popped" and became happy-looking and more colorful.

I turned to face the stage, continuing to sing as more and larger blow up aliens sprang from the floor.

We came here to run it, run it, run it (uh-huh)
We came here to run it (yup), run it (uh), run it
Just like fire, burning up the way
If I can light the world up for just one day
Watch this madness, colorful charade
No one can be just like me anyway
Just like magic, I'll be flying free
I'ma disappear when they come for me
I kick that ceiling, what you gonna say?
No one can be just like me anyway
Just like fire, uh

I tried not to think about how Crystal could be bursting into here any moment—or was already here. Some of the smaller blow up aliens deflated, and were replaced by trampolines so I could jump from one to the other.

We came here to run it, run it, run it (uh, uh)
So look, I came here to run it (yup)
Just 'cause nobody's done it (uh-huh)
Y'all don't think I can run it
But look, I've been here, I've done it
Impossible? Please
Watch, I do it with ease
You just gotta believe
Come on, come on with me

As I spun around, I could see the hundreds of tap dancers who stood on shelves on the wall, illuminated by orange, red, and yellow lights that flickered like fire.

Oh, what's a girl to do?
(What, what?)
Hey, what's a girl to do?
(Yeah, what?)
Oh, what's a girl to do?
(What, what?)
Mmm, what's a girl to do?

The shelves that the tap dances were on started to move until they became like stairs. They all made their way down to the stage and circled me, their fire-colored lights changing so they now formed rainbows around me.