Chapter Eleven

“Be wary of your surroundings! Go home early!”

The town people shouted, everybody was gloomy and faces were filled with terror. No matter how bright the day has been, everytime the dusk was soon to arrive; they all became like a prey and wary on the predator that they never knew when will come.

Kinn went down from the horse. Still with his graceful composure, he held his sword on the other side. He looked around until he stopped by a group of older men holding their nails and hammers. In an old brownish color paper, a sketch of Vegas’ face was hang on every corners of the town.

“The young man is good-looking but a fucking son of a devil.” An old man commented in dismay, shaking his head.

Kinn paused for a while and stare at his cousin’s face. He didn’t notice that Porsche didn’t came with his pack and decided to follow Kinn.

Kinn decided to listen on the things these people will say about Vegas. He was neither mad nor happy about it. It is more getting stuck in between problems for him. Besides, he never had any interest to know more about Vegas.

“Why did Khun Kan and his family decided to hide him? They should have killed him earlier.” The lady spoke that most of the people agreed upon.

When Kinn heard that, he looked down; not wanting to hear more.

“What? You can’t answer?”

Kinn raise his head and found Porsche in front of him. The tall guy smirks a little while looking at the others.

“Why didn’t you kill, Vegas?” Porsche asked as both of them walk away, walking through the people who were preparing to hide when the darkness comes; afraid that the person with dark wings who eat souls will appear out of nowhere.

“I never knew that he was that dangerous.” Kinn answered and turn his head sideways looking at Porsche. “Mind your own business.”

Porsche hissed, rolling his eyes before he punches Kinn’s shoulders that Kinn almost bump himself to the wall.

“Aw… Porsche.” Kinn complained. “That was fucking painful.”

“Was it? Or you’re just fucking weak?” Porsche mocked him. “By the way, tomorrow, I can’t help the pack to look for Vegas or Pete’s body…”

“Pete is not dead.” Kinn said firmly. “Pete is not dead.” He repeated.

Porsche nodded and sigh. “Are you sure?” Porsche asked and focused his eyes to the direction they are heading. “Did you see what happened to my brother? Porchay got frozen in time. What more will happen to Pete?”

Both of them became silent for a while. Kinn on the other hand was into deep thought. For years, he had been admiring Pete but he receives nothing other than a pure honest painful rejection. It was never being a love he never took, but a love that wasn’t meant to be given back. All the effort he did remains efforts and received appreciation.

“So why are you so quiet now?” Porsche asked him laughing. “Come on. Pete will return and probably give back your unrequited love.” He teased, giggling but those almost one line eyes don’t shine from happiness.

Yes.” Kinn said confidently, making Porsche nod and looked away as if he is trying to collect his thoughts. “It Pete comes back; you should help me persue him.” Kinn smiled broadly to Porsche that he never noticed the change of facial expression the other person did.