Bonus Chapter #2: The Holiday Special

Flashback

"Hey, this one looks good." (y/n) said as her, Peter and Kraglin decorate the small tree they were able to sneak on. Being young kids on an alien spaceship, Peter and (y/n) missed doing Christmas and they thought about telling some of the Ravengers about to maybe try to get them to celebrate and make them feel at home.

They found a small tree that kinda looked like a Christmas tree and then made some old parts the kids found lying around and made them into ornaments. Peter, (y/n) and Kraglin were laughing and enjoying their time until Yondu comes up to them.

"What in the fires of Ogord y'all think you doing?" he asked them. "Hey, Captain. We're just, uh..." Kraglin stammers but Peter speaks up. "Have you ever heard of Christmas?" he asked Yondu. "What?" Yondu asked. "Well, it's a celebration we have once a year on Earth, where everybody gets presents for each other. So, me, Peter and Kraglin made this tree and we got gifts for everyone." (y/n) explained as she gestures to the presents. "It was the kids' idea." Kraglin said but Yondu didn't look too impressed.

"Eh...And this one here's for you." Peter said as he holds up a present to Yondu, who swats it away. "Don't come at me with no damn gifts. What a Ravager gets, he works for. We ain't about no damn handouts." Yondu yelled. "It's more like a sign of appreciation." Peter said. "That sounds more like sentiment, boy. That may be okay for you mushy types on Terra, but out here in the cold rigors of space, it's what'll get you killed." Yondu said then he turns to Kraglin.

"And you, you ought to know better." he yells and Kraglin looks down, sad, then Yondu kicks the tree alittle. "Now, get this crap out of here. If it ain't out of here before I get back, you three are gonna be cleaning the latrines for the rest of the damn year." Yondu yells. "But that's Gef's favorite job." Kraglin said. "You talking back now, Kraglin?" Yondu asked him, angrily. "No." Kraglin mumbles and Yondu picks up the tree and slams it down and few times, destroying it.

"I hate Christmas!" Yondu yells, angrily, then he walks away and Peter looks down, sad, while (y/n) sits down and pulls her legs up to her and leans her head against her knees.

Present Day

"And that's how Yondu ruined Christmas forever." Kraglin explained as he, Drax, Mantis, Nebula and Meredith stand on a balcony in Knowhere. "That is so sad." Mantis said, bummed. "Poor mom and dad." Meredith mutters while Drax laughs. "I like the part where Yondu kicked over the tree." Drax said then he laughs again. "Really, Uncle Drax?" Meredith asked, indignant, and he stops when he sees her expression and everyone else not laughing.

"Anyways, I just saw on the Multi-calendar that right now on Earth, it's almost Christmastime. So, yeah, it kind of brings back some memories." Kraglin said. "Yondu had a point. Ever since buying Knowhere from The Collector, we don't have time for trivialities like Christmas. This place needs a lot of fixing up before it's livable." Nebula said. "Yeah, I reckon we've got work to do." Kraglin said. "Yeah." Nebula mutters and her and Kraglin leave, leaving Mantis, Drax and Meredith alone.

"That was such a heartbreaking story." Mantis said. "I know. I hate stories where everybody lives." Drax grumbles and Meredith rolls her eyes at this then she looks out down at the ground below the balcony where she sees Peter and (y/n) talking to a delivery person, who brought some boxes of supplies. "Thank you." Peter said after he signed some papers. "Yeah." the delivery person said and Peter and (y/n) walk off.

They walk pass Rocket and Cosmo, a telekinetic dog, as Cosmo tries to use her powers to put up a couple of panels. "Cosmo, what use is telekinesis if you can't even aim?" Rocket asked her, annoyed. "You wanna do it? Do it." Cosmo spat. "Just concentrate, you stupid mutt." Rocket shouts and Cosmo barks and the panels fall down.