Chapter 3: Six Stones, Three Teams, One Shot

"Drifting left. On the side there, Lebowski." Tony said to Thor as he wheels in some parts for the time machine while Thor was walking around, carrying a can of beer. "Ratchet, how's it going?" Tony asked Rocket as he works on the machine. "It's Rocket. Take it easy. You're not the only genius on Earth, pal." Rocket remarked as he continues to work on the machine.

Meanwhile, you, Nebula, Bruce and Scott were working on the new suits as Scott was prepping for it. "Time travel suit? Not bad." You said as Bruce tries to insert the Pym particles in the suit on Scott. "Hey, hey, hey. Easy, easy!" Scott exclaims. "I'm being very careful." Bruce said as he holds his hands up. "No, you're being very Hulky." Scott said in a panic. "I'm being careful." Bruce said again. "These are Pym particles, all right? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more." Scott said. "Scott, calm down." You said, calmly.

"Sorry. We've got enough for one round trip, each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus, two test runs." He replied when suddenly he shrinks then a second later he comes back and has an annoyed look on his face. "One test run." He grumbles and Bruce puts the Pym particles in his suit and Scott let's out a deep breath. "All right. I'm not ready for this." He said. "I'm game." A voice said and all of you look over to see Clint standing there, leaning against the door frame. "I'll do it." He said.

"Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it." Bruce assures Clint, who nods. "Wait a second, let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know? And..." Rhodey said then he makes a gesture of strangling a person, making Bruce look at him horrified. "First of all, that's horrible." He said. "It's Thanos." Rhodey said, exasperated.

"And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future. Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them...Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved." Bruce explains. "That's not how it works." Scott said. "Well, that's what I heard." Clint mutters. "What? By who? Who told you that?" Bruce asked Rhodey and Scott.

"Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time..." Rhodey lists off. "Quantum Leap." Scott adds. "A Wrinkle in Time..." Rhodey continues. "Somewhere in Time..." Scott said and Rhodey nods as he continues. "Hot Tub Time Machine. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel." He said. "Die Hard? No, it's not..." Scott said and Bruce shakes his head.

"I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it: If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future. And your former present becomes the past. Which can't now be changed by your new future..." he explains. "Exactly." Nebula chimed in and Rhodey and Scott look at him, alittle offended. "So Back to the Future's a bunch of bullshit?" Scott asked, devastated.

Afterwhile, Clint was in the machine and standing by as Bruce taps away on the control panel. "All right, Clint. We're going in 3...2...1..." Bruce counts down and a second later Clint was gone. You and the rest waited for about ten seconds before Bruce flips some switches and pushed buttons and Clint returned, hunched over and carrying something.

Natasha runs to him first as Steve and Tony follow her. "Hey, hey. Look at me. You okay?" She asked him as he starts to stand up. "Yeah. It worked. It worked." He said as he holds a baseball mitten and tosses it to Steve, who catches. Then all of you look around at each other and smile at this accomplishment.

"Okay, so the how works. Now we gotta figure out the when, and the where." Steve said as you were gathered in a conference room, staring at the screen that showed all six Infinity stones. "Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones." He said. "Well, I'd subtitute the word encounter for damn near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones." Tony corrected.