Chapter 1. Bianca

"... Miss Perez... Miss Perez wake... wake up, please."

I slowly feel myself regaining consciousness, hearing someone call my name. It was bright outside, my apartment smells like booze, and I feel hungover from yesterday. I open my eyes, seeing Barnes, my assistant.

"What is it?" I croak out, my voice and throat horse. If it's from yelling and partying or moaning, I can't remember.

"It's noon, miss, and you have quite meeting with the CEO in half an hour." His voice is calm and collected, as always.

"Oh. Yeah. Thank you."

I sit up, the blanket exposing my naked chest. There are two women laying in the bed next to me, seeming to still be in deep sleep. I look at Barnes looking back at me, an unenthusiastic look on his face. He has probably seen me naked more than my birth parents, but it doesn't seem to phase him at all. I keep thinking if he's gay or I'm just not his type.

"Get me a big black tea and two fresh croissants with ham and cheese, please. Thank you." I say, getting up and walking slowly to the bathroom. "And a hangover pill!"

"Yes, miss. I will wait for you in the car." He says, quickly disappearing.

I head into the bathroom and take a cold shower to wake myself up and get ready to head to the company. Putting on an ironed red blouse and a pair of black suit pants, I quickly blow dry my black hair and put on some red lip stick to look like I have my life together. A pair of black sunglasses to hide my deep, dark blue, tired eyes as I head for the door. Outside, two out of the million bodyguards that I have stand at the entrance to my apartment.

"When the girls wake up give them each a ride home, and don't be rough." I instruct, glancing at them. "Oh, and how's the baby, Caron?"

One of the bodyguards gives me a sheepish smile.

"Still crying and not sleeping, miss."

"Well, ain't that's a bundle of sunshine? Take the day off, be with your family." I say with an amused smile, giving them a light wave before stepping into the elevator. After pressing the button for the ground floor, I take out my phone and dial one of my step-brothers number.

"Wipe all evidence there is of me being out yesterday." I say as soon as the ringing stops.

"At least a hello and please would be nice." Raspy voice replies, meaning he probably just woke up, but it was teasing and laced with mischief none the less.

"Do you want to get paid, Isaac? Or do you want to be sent to Alaska?" I reply, unbothered. I could be nice to him, but I've been nice enough for a lifetime after every single he blamed something on me when we were kids and I didn't deny it.

"You're more annoying than your brother sometimes..." He sighs, and I smile to myself. It's obvious he loves me and will do anything I ask for, and I would do the same for him. That's what family is for, after all.

"Thank you! Say hi to your girlfriend for me, bye."

I hang up, feeling my stomach grumble. When I exit the elevator, a few people in the lobby stare but don't say anything except for the nice doorman who does his job. Russ has been working as the doorman to my apartment building for as long as I remember and I absolutely adore the old, wrinkly man with his head of grey hair and his grey moustache.

"Good day, miss Perez." His smile and greeting instantly make my mood better.

"Hello to you too, Russ, have a nice day." I say with a smile back, giving him a nice tip of a twenty dollar bill. "This is for lunch. Don't try to give it back because I won't accept it."

He sighs, pocketing the bill and smiling at me again, grateful.

"Have a great day, miss Perez." He nods to me as a thank you.

I smile back at him and leave the building. A black car is waiting right in front of the entrance. I get in, Barnes sitting right next to me with my food. I take the paper bag from his hands, taking out a croissant and take a bite from one of my croissant sandwiches. They were heavenly, as always. Barnes knows my favourite bakery and never disappoints.

"Mmh, I love you, Barnes." I say, my mouth full, almost moaning at getting food in my system.

"Thank you, miss Perez. I will inform you of your schedule today." He says nonchalantly, but I can see the corner of his mouth lift up in amusement. I'm getting to him, I know it.

As Barnes keeps talking about all of the stuff I need to do today, I continue to eat my breakfast and drink my tea. Finally we get to the company headquarters. I get out of the car, Barnes next to me. We walk in and through the reception, a lot of people look at me and say hello, hoping to get me to talk to the CEO for them.

Not paying much attention, I step into the elevator and Barnes hits the button to the top. The way up is uncomfortable, as I feel the other two men in the small elevator space besides Barnes stare at me. I turn around and flashed them both a smile. A cold, annoyed one.

"By staring at my ass, you won't be able to taste it. Keep your eyes at your shoes or loose them, your choice." I say, my voice calm but with no emotion in my eyes.

They both audibly gulped and looked away. In this line of business thrats are quiet powerful, and I like that. But more than that, I love the feeling of not being watched. It means I can relax. The two men get out at floor twenty, while I and Branes continue to ride the elevator all they way to floor fifty. The top floor.