Chapter 4. Bianca

I was tired and a little oozy from the time zone change. I just fought for my life with a stiletto that cost more than a normal monthly wage and just saw the hottest man in my life who's name I think is Salem. He fled after analysing me like you would someone who just fell straight from the sky right before your eyes. But while he did that, I was doing the same.

He was gorgeous. The man was in a suit which was messed up because of our fighting. He had a well defined face, messy black hair, straight nose, full lips tainted a light pink... And his eyes. His tired, confused and pissed off looking, the most delicious chocolate colored hooded eyes that seemed to stare into my goddamn soul.

Snapping out of my daydream, I glare at the guy who turned on the lights, and he understands instantly that I want to know who they are and what they are doing here. Salem had left to where I presume was the bathroom to clean up his bloody nose, so it's just the two of us.

He looks younger than Salem. Green eyes, freckled, soft looking face, tidy slicked back blonde hair with a few unruly curls on his forehead.

"I'm Ian. I apologise for my colleagues behavior." The guy, Ian, spoke, looking at me with a sheepish smile. We are about the same height, five feet eight, so I instantly think I would be able to take him on in a fight. Salem not so much. Before I get lost any deeper in my thoughts, I start listening to what Ian was saying again. "We have been hired by the CEO to protect you."

Then it clicked, they were my new bodyguards. I roll my eyes, taking another deep breath.

"Are there more of you?" I ask him, feeling a sting in my back. The adrenaline was settling down, and the pain was kicking in.

"No, miss. It's just the two of us." At least it's only two this time, not like at home. I sigh and walk over to my bags, just then Salem shows up again and tries to take them from me.

"I'm not a princess, I can carry my own shit." I hiss at him and Ian moves in to deescalate the situation. I don't know if it's because he attacked me or because he's so hot, I just don't like him. Maybe it's the way he looks at me, like I've already annoyed him to the point of oblivion.

"Miss, that's his way of apologising. Salem doesn't talk much."

Great. I'm stuck with a silent moody guy who looks like he was sculpted from the image of gods and a little boy, perfect.

I walk around the hotel room, tuning out Ian nagging and scolding Salem. The hotel room is more like an apartment with a few rooms, a living room area and a bathroom. I find a bedroom that I deem to be mine and walk in, placing the bags on my bed and walking out to see that the two bodyguards are still here.

"You have confirmed that I got here, you can go." I basically order while looking at both of them, my gaze lingering on Salem as he glared back at me, but Ian butts in again.

"Uhm, not really miss. We have been instructed that at least one of us has to stay in your room at all times. Direct order from the CEO."

The gears in my brain start turning. If they are going to such lengths, that means nonna didn't tell me everything I need to know about the situation and how deep in shit we really are.

I zone out thinking while staring at Ian, and I'm pretty sure he thought I was about to rip him to shreds from the way he looked at me. From such a short time of knowing them, I can instantly tell that Ian could not control his facial expressions at fucking all.

"Fuck..." I groan and walk to the little kitchen area to look for the alcohol cabinet. I need a drink. After I pick out a nice bottle of whiskey, I look over at my new bodyguards. "Sit on the couch, introduce yourselves." They do as I order. Good, I like obedient men.

Not even taking a glass, I sit down in front of them in a chair before ripping the seal of the alcohol as Ian speaks up.

"I am Ian Burke, miss, and my colleague here is Salem Moreno."

"Moreno? Eres español?"

That's a Spanish surname.

After I ask the question Salem just nods, still staring at me with bored but sharp and analytical eyes.

"Uhm, Salem speaks spanish and english." Ian answers with a light smile. "I only speak english, though..."

And so, the story time began. From what Ian told me, I understand that someone really doesn't want me to find those four missing packages, and wants me dead. Not the first time. But someone big and dangerous is behind everything, so it might be the same rat in the branch. Also, I need more alcohol.

I'm quick to catch up on things, you have to be in this line of work. But it is weird that in a situation like this nonna got me only two bodyguards, which I am thankful and weirded out about. 

"So you two," I want to make sure these guys know how I feel about them. "are going to be my protection?"

"Yes, miss." Ian answers. The whole time, only Ian talked while I was interrogating them, Salem stayed quiet. It made me uncomfortable how he just watched us talk, mainly me. Like he was trying to figure me out. Or if he should just kill me or not.

Out of nowhere Salem stands up, going over to the kitchen. A few second later he returns with a water bottle from the fridge and hands it to me. Do I look drunk? I look at him, puzzled, and he seems irritated that I don't understand.

"Drink it. To water down the scotch." He mumbles, and oh my gods his voice. When the low, husky and deep sound hits my ears, I instantly take the bottle and take a sip. It was nice to feel the cool water run down my throat, and after drinking about half of the bottle I say a quick thank you before getting back to the conversation.