Chapter 16. Bianca

I manage to slip inside of the VIP area with Salem looking like a textbook bodyguard, making the bouncers think I'm someone important.

I am, but that's not the point.

We make our way up the stairs, and I think I feel the warmth of Salems hand on the small of my back, but when I glance back it's not there. Flirting with him so blatantly, and this rock of a man actually responding must have jumbled up my brain into mush.

I shake off the thoughts when Higgins notices me and Salem. He seems to have already gotten quite busy, considering his flushed face and the sheen layer of sweat, a girl on either side between him and other suited up men.

"I got this." I whisper to Salem, making him stay back as I approach the table with a sickeningly sweet smile. "Hello, gentlemen. Sir Higgins, it's a pleasure to see you here."

He gives me a shit eating grin, pushing one of the girls aside and patting the space next to him. "Ah, Bianca. Come, sit. It's a pleasure to see you here as well."

I comply and sit next to him, making sure we're not touching anywhere. The way his eyes rake over my body makes me want to stab them out with a spoon.

The men around us make talk, some also eyeing me like a slab of meat while the girls giggle at their godawful takes and jokes.

"So what brings a pretty little thing like you to this place?" Higgins says, and I have to bite my tongue not to break his nose, feeling my eye twitch. Instead of giving in to my crave to put him in his place I chuckle.

"Oh, just out to have some fun. I don't know how long I'll be in Washington for." I say, tactically tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. His eyes seem to glint at that, seeing as I basically insinuated he's off the hook. Higgins worms closer, and I try not to puke at the stench of alcohol reeking from him.

"Well you have come to the right place," He... Growls? Not in a hot way, but a I'll have my fun with you and I don't care what you say rapist way. "I know the owner of the club, get whatever you'd like. On me."

The look on his face is one of a bird flaunting it's feathers, he's being prideful. I could literally buy the whole club, but it's obvious he doesn't know that and wants to establish dominance.

Ew.

"Goodness, that's so generous of you." I gasp lightly, and even I want to smack myself in the face at how fake that sounded but Higgins doesn't seem to have noticed.

I feel someone watching me, and glancing down through the glass railing I notice Salem, leaning back against the bar with an unamused stare. Our eyes meet and if it's he's saying one wrong move and I'll kill him.

That's... Very hot.