Chapter 11. Bianca

When we entered the warehouse, none of the workers there seemed to pay us any mind and just continued to work. Higgins must have informed the one overseeing everything that we were going to come, that's going to make things harder.

"Is something wrong, miss?" Ian asks, noticing my irritated expression. 

"Nothing." I say and sigh lightly. "Let's check out the latest merchandise." We make our way to the closest van trailer and Ian motions for one of the workers to open it. Everything seemed to be in order inside, and I turn to the man that opened it for us. "Show me the one that the packages were stolen from."

With a curt nod he leads us towards another van trailer with a broken lock and opens it. All of the other packages were there. The ones with ingredients, otherwise the legal ones. Only the private delivery packages that contained guns were gone.

They knew what was inside... I walk over to inspect the broken lock. It was broken with metal pliers, not a professional way to it, but it got the job done.

"Who was the driver?" I ask, straightening out and looking over at the worker, his eyes flicker to the side as he thinks.

"Uh... Rogderson, ma'am. Avery Rodgerson." 

"Bring him to me." I say simply, glancing at Ian. "Go with him just in case."

Ian nods and walk off with the worker, I turn around and almost bump into Salem, jumping back slightly. "Goodness, you make no noise at all. Come on, we're going to wait in the breakroom." I say and lead the way. I can feel his eyes on me, and Salem is walking just a bit slower than I am, keeping me in his field of vision. Frankly I feel like a child being babysit, it irritates me. I stop walking for a moment. "Stop that." I grumble.

"Stop what?" His voice comes from right beside me, and I can feel his breath brush lightly against my neck, it sends shivers down my spine. I clear my throat and take a step forward, putting some distance between us. My mind goes black for a second before I look back at him.

"Stop walking behind me." I say and turn forward, continuing to walk. I think I hear him scoff quietly before he catches up to me and walk beside me, still keeping an eye on me. We get to the break room and wait there for a few minutes before Ian comes in with the driver. He is a middle aged guy with a beard.

"Avery, I presume?" I say, analyzing him for a moment before meeting his gaze. He nods and takes a seat at the table.

"Yeah, what is it?" He answers, leaning back in the seat. I sit down opposite the table from him. 

"You drove a truck into here two weeks ago and it was reported that four packages were missing." I say.

"Yeah, don't know how that happened. Everything seemed in order at the pick up." He says and shrugs slightly. It's so obvious he is clamming up that it's amusing, but I keep my face emotionless and serious. 

"At the port?" I probe.

"Yup." He tilts his head to the side.

That's a half an hour drive from here... I glance to the side as I think for a moment and get up.

"Alright, thank you." I say and head out with Salem and Ian beside me.