The Tension

BOOK 1
☁️🌊🌊⛵️🌊🌊☁️
Third person POV ->

It was the crack of dawn, hardly anyone was awake on the ship, except perhaps the captain and the cook. Akiko and Zuko were still asleep, holding each other's hands while Takeo was curled up at the foot of the bed. Aki was starting to wake up, slowly opening her eyes and the first thing she sees is Zuko's sleeping face close to her own face. At first she thought, "I must be dreaming because I know both of us would never be this close to one another willingly." But then she felt Zuko's hand tighten around her's and finally realized this was no dream. Quickly but quietly sitting up, the ravenette looked down at the sleeping prince and noticed he was shirtless while holding her hand, which made her lightly blush.

She carefully let go of his hand and slowly slide out of his bed, making sure not to wake him. After she successfully escaped the bed, she went to her bag and looked for some clothes to wear. In the process of searching, Takeo wakes up and brushes against Akiko's shoulder. Softly gasping at the sudden touch, she turned her head to be met with her feline companion giving a sigh of relief. "Don't scare me like that. Good morning to you too," she whispered to the feathered feline as he licked her cheek.

Going back to searching for clothes, she finally finds something to wear as she turns around to check if Zuko is still asleep. He still is, but has turned to his left side now. Akiko slowly makes her way to the door with Takeo to find someplace to change, on her way out she bumps into Iroh as she closes the door. "Good morning, Akiko. Might I ask why you're up so early in the morning," Iroh asked the ravenette, politely. Smiling at the kind old man as she answered," Good morning to you too, Iroh. I was going to look for somewhere to change my clothes. Can't have prince ponytail catching a peek of me while I'm changing."

Iroh chuckles at the nickname the dragon warrior gave his nephew and offered her, "If you'd like, you can change in my room. I'll be going up to the deck to meditate. Care to join me once you're done?" ; "Sure. I haven't meditated in a while," she says happily. Iroh nods and escorts her to his chambers as they walked in a comfortable silence. Once they arrived to his room, Akiko turns to the old man and asks him, "When you go up to the deck, can you bring Takeo with you? He probably needs to stretch his legs and wings." Iroh nodded and replied, "No problem," as he and the feathered feline made their way up.

Akiko started undressing herself from her damaged Kyoshi clothes. Putting on her pants, she winced a bit from her wounded torso. Lightly touching it, she became lost in thought as she remembered the times when her brother had accidentally burned her while they were training together as kids. How he would cradle her everytime she cried in pain as their mother healed her wounds and their father scolded him for being reckless. Coming out of her nostalgia, she heard someone opening the door, "Uncle, have you seen--." Zuko had opened the door, expecting to see his uncle but saw Akiko, half naked. They both blushed madly at the prince's accidental intrusion, as the ravenette covered herself and yelled, "GET OUT!"

 They both blushed madly at the prince's accidental intrusion, as the ravenette covered herself and yelled, "GET OUT!"