how i met satan// your father

"Hey honey, sorry I didn't get to greet you at the gate." A woman had barged into Cameron's room, holding an orangey-yellow flower, consisting of tubers and a strong stem. 

"Yeah, it's okay." She let the woman in, there wasn't much she could do to stop her. 

"Welcome to Ophelia Hall," Was she the one who drowned? Or the one that threw herself off a tower? "My name's Ms. Thronhill. I'd like to start matching my girls with flowers, and since you're the first one here, I decided to try. I've read your personal statement and picked out this," She hands her the plant.

"Cool. What is it?" She asks. Ms. Thronhill looks at her with confusion.

"It's kniphofia, sometimes known as the red hot poker. You'll learn all about plants in my classes." She explains.

"Oh, so you teach Biology?" Cameron asks.

"Oh no, I teach poisonous flora." She replies, chuckling. Cameron looks at her incredulously.

"I'm sure I'll enjoy it." She says back, Ms. Thornhill looks at her awkwardly. 

"Alright, I'll be on my way," She makes to leave as Cameron interrupts her.

"Do I need any textbooks for class?" She asks.

"None, any books you might need are found in the library." She says. Cameron smiles quietly, this was exactly what she needed.

"Where is that?" She moves closer to Ms. Thornhill. The teacher looks down at her watch and nods.

"I have time to take you down there now, I guess." She moves towards the door, holding the door open for the girl.

Walking through the school, Cameron follows closely behind Ms. Thronhill. Flicking her fingers the red erupts between them again, and she travels into the woman's mind. Recoiling almost immediately.

Flashes of pain and the feeling of drowning meet her almost immediately. She sees a shape on the ground, almost human. But then it changes, a monster in its place. 

Shooting out of the woman's mind Cameron slows down, lagging farther behind the woman until they reach the library. Walking by her Cameron sucked in a breath- not wanting to set the woman off in any way. She knew that the woman was ready for assaults on her mind, but she had let her guard down around her, a big mistake.

The library was all ancient mahogany and old leather, but Cameron didn't mind that. Old was exactly what she was looking for. Scanning the shelves she quickly found herself in the 'Occult Mythology' section. She scans the shelves, her gaze finally landing on an ancient tome wrapped in fraying black leather.

She pulls it from the shelf 'Cthon and Other Demons' she grins to herself evilly. It's perfect. Thornhill tries to sneak up on the telekinetic, but just as she's getting close, Cameron swirls around.

"Can I borrow this one?" She asks her.

"Oh sure, what is it?" She shows her the book, and Thornhill looks at it in confusion. "I see you're into mythology."

Cameron tucks the book into the crook of her arm. "Yeah, you could say that." 

After checking out the book Cameron goes back to her room. She hides the book in her drawer and changes into her pajamas, a loose grey shirt with red and black plaid pants that gather at her ankles, and climbs into bed. 

A blue light emanates from a tiny point across the room as a hand reaches out to touch the source. Light blows out in every direction as red spreads through the hand that touched it. 

A woman with strawberry blond hair and a red costume flows off into the ground. She raises her hands to her face, her fingertips stained black. Her eyes are rimmed with kohl and glow with rage.