xxiii; envy: leorio

female y/n

envy

/ˈɛnvi/

noun

a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck.

theme song: i wish - skeelo

timeline: anytime after the phantom troupe arc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"oi oi oi! y/n! y/n! what are you doing?" the man yelled at the girl who was busy talking to a shop vendor. she shot him an annoyed glare before thanking the man she was talking to and heading off with leorio.

leorio had been eyeing the man for the entirety of the bargain, his eyes green with jealousy. the man was handsome, young-looking (though everyone was young-looking compared to leorio) and shooting you advances that were far too flirty to be considered part of the deal. his shouts eventually made the vendor tut in annoyance and reluctantly grant you the item for the price you had proposed, though not without making another sly advance.

the boy grabbed his girlfriend's arm gently yet firm enough to guide her away, and looked over both their shoulders protectively.

"what was that for?!" she whisper yelled in the crowd, elbowing his side and huffing. "i almost lost my deal because of you!" he puffed up his cheeks and crossed his arms, pouting angrily.

"it took you that long to close a deal!?" he was pink in the face and had his fists clenched - albeit not threatening at all to the girl. she waved her hand lazily.

"hey, the guy was stubborn. and ya' can't blame him wanting to talk to me more." she flashed him a toothy grin. "i guess i'm just that good." these words made him even more pink, steam practically blowing out of his ears. the scowl painted on his face spoke volumes.

his voice rang in her ears, whiny and sad. "what if that guy had kept talking to you huh!? or eyeing you up, what would you have done?" she sighed.

"do you want my honest answer or the one that'll stop you from explodin'?" she laughed softly, but when she saw his face you sighed. "oh c'mon leorio, y'know i'm not stupid. obviously i woulda left. don't get your pants in a twist about it." he chose to wisely ignore the last sentence but kept huffing and puffing like the big bad wolf.

"i-humph! fine. i mean, obviously you would've left." the ravenette grinned at her boastfully. "why would you want another guy when you have such a hottie like me?" she gagged.

"keep speaking like that 'n' i'll double back to talk to him again." his smile immediately dropped and he went back to pouting.

after a long few minutes of walking in comfortable, appreciative silence, leorio's arm snaked its way around her shoulders. when she looked at him quizzically, he closed his eyes and put a finger to his chin knowingly. "just in case he's looking!" the smirk that erupted across his face couldn't help but reciprocate onto her own.

"of course...hottie." leorio blushed a deep pink but ket his composure as best as he could.

he responded coolly, the smirk unwavering. "glad you came to your senses."

the two walked home, y/n happy with her deal and leorio happy with her loyalty.

————————————————————

we at 10k+ 😨😨😨
for that i've made like three chapters at once 🙏🙏🙏 thank u all soooo much i didn't expect this book to be liked so much