14

Climbing to the top floor in one breath, Wei Xuan hurriedly collected a pile of dried vegetables and dried meat into several plastic baskets before the night was completely dark, and took Du Hang back to the second floor together. In the temporary room upstairs. Pull the heavy curtains completely, and turn on the dual-purpose solar flashlight as a desk lamp. Then I found a large pile of non-woven bags from some store, and started to process the dried vegetables, fruits, tofu and meat that had been thoroughly dried.

Two weeks is enough to completely dry these moisture-rich things, and even many things will be overdried, too thin, like shredded paper, and will crumble into **** with a light touch.

Fortunately, many green leafy vegetables have special drying skills. Although Wei Xuan did not handle them himself in his previous life, he mentioned several methods when dealing with the mutated plants that circulated in the base at that time and could be used as staple food. , so far, the effect is not bad.

Those green leafy vegetables, such as spinach and cabbage, should not be directly exposed to the sun before they are ready to be processed. Put them in a cool and ventilated place to dry for half a day or directly blanch them in boiling water, and then take them out to ventilate and dry them to grow. Time saved. Of course, if you find it troublesome, you can just take it out and expose it to the sun, but the taste will not be very good when you eat it, and the dried vegetables will be too dry and will break when touched, which is inconvenient for subsequent processing.

The LED lighting of the flashlight is still very powerful, and the thick curtains are enough to protect the privacy of this room from being discovered by people who may pass by outside or live in nearby residential buildings.

Wei Xuan had tested this place at night after he had just selected this place as a place to stay: he turned on the mobile light in the bedroom and stood downstairs to observe the living effect when it was blocked by thick curtains. If there is a gap in the curtains, people outside will not be able to see the light that is tightly blocked by the curtains.

Different vegetables are picked from the rope and put into different pockets, because most of the vegetables that come to dry in this building are dried after boiling water, so although the vegetables are completely dried, their texture is relatively smooth. Tough, not fragile, easy to store. After stuffing each vegetable into a non-woven bag, Wei Xuan simply sewed the opening of the bag with a thick needle and strong thread—this kind of breathable cloth bag is more suitable than plastic bags for these things. Although he can't sew too detailed things, he can still do it by simply sewing two more circles on the seal.

After processing the green leafy vegetables, he had to clean up those dried fruits, dried meat, etc., and of course dried vegetables such as potatoes and pumpkins. Wei Xuan hardly handled these things too carefully before processing them. Of course, the fresh meat will be coated with salt and other things, but compared with the real air-dried chicken and duck, the taste of these meats processed by him is definitely not as delicious as those processed by professionals, and if you want to soak them It also takes a very long time.

But in the last days, no matter how unpalatable the taste of these things is, they are still meat! It is a very rare meat in the last days!

Wei Xuan didn't think those mutated animals would enter the city after the end of the world and wander around in a city full of zombies. They would rather attack the human base established by the survivors and catch the living to eat than pay attention to the group of walking dead. . And his own fighting style determines that he can only kill zombies that do not actively attack him relatively easily. Even zombie animals may not buy him, let alone these mutated animals that have become more and more ferocious?