The strange voices

It has been 2 weeks, today is the day that the ninjas are headed back to new ninjago city and Kai is with them. Kai hugs his Ma and Pa one last time before leaving, it hurt him to see the hurt looks on their faces but he had to go with his real family, that was his destiny. He promised to visit them as often as he could, he waved them goodbye for the last time. Back at the monastery Kai was afraid of walking in, he could tell it had also been burnt in the fire since it had been repaired. Cole took his hand and walked him in from the gate, there stood a stone figure of Kai with the date he had disappeared and infront of it were lit candels. Kai stepped closer to it and slid his hand on the shiny figure “Wow..” he said quietly to himself. He was glad to be back home after being away for such a long time.
Suddenly an unfamiliar face appeared from inside, it wasn't any of the ninjas it was.. Zaron? What was he doing here? Kai thought to himself. “What is HE doing here?” he asked coldly as he took a few steps back, the purple headed boy put his hands together and bowed before them and said “Welcome back, Master, teammates and Kai.” Kai looked shocked as he started panicking “Teammates? Master?! You replaced me.?” he looked hurtfully at all of them “Kai we didn't replace you. We caught Zaron after you went missing and we decided to change him to be good, since he is after all a master of his words and we could use him since he is an ex-villian and a villian will most likely trust him when they have been manipulated with.” explains Wu to Kai hoping he would understand. “Oh. I understand, Master.” Kai answers coldly giving the new member an disapproving look. The word master just looks at Kai and smiles, Kai can't see his eyes so he can't tell it it's a good smile or not.
days pass by
Kai's room is finally ready and he can move out of Cole's room into his own, it looks similar to his room at his Ma and Pa's house and he likes it that way.
The ninjas and Wu are going on a small trip to go get some more supplise, Kai and Zaron had to stay back since Zaron isn't needed right now and Kai "needs to rest". Kai is outside training until he hears a voice next to him “weak.” it says, Kai looks to both of his sides and sees no-one there so he keeps training. All of the sudden he hears a voice say “you are worthless.” this time he grabs the hand of Zaron who has a tray with a tea pot and two cups on it “Whoa! Calm down tiger, no need to fight me! I brought us tea.” the kind voiced boy says to Kai, Kai looks a bit uncomftrable but thanks him anyway. The two sit down on the porch “Why'd you call me weak?” Kai asks “I'm sorry? I haven't called you weak?” Zaron looks geniuenly confused “Nvm.” Kai says and Zaron shrugs it off. The two decide to talk and Zaron apologizes to Kai for causing him to lose control. Kai sighs and decides to forgive him “Thank you, Kai. I do not deserve your forgiveness but I'm glad you've decided to forgive me anyway.” the boy says with an relieved smile, he then pours them both tea and they drink it in peace.
About 10 minutes later the ninjas have returned with Master Wu, the two ninjas get up and put their hands together then bow “Welcome back” they say in sync and chuckle about it. “Looks like someone has found a new friend I see?” says Zane and they all laugh “Yeah, I decided to forgive him, old things must be left behind!” Kai says as he put his arm around Zaron's shoulder and the other ninja did the same. Cole looked pissed off at that but he kept his mouth shut.
the evening
the ninjas were cleaning up after dinner, Zane and Jay were the first to go to bed then after them went Zaron and Nya and finally Lloyd, Kai and Pixal. Kai got to his room and got changed into his pjs. He laid down on his bed and closed his eyes. “Why didn't you just give up?” he heard and he jumped up “Who's there?” he asked “It's me” he heard behind him, he turned around and saw no-one there. “Stop messing with me.” Kai said, he then saw how a ghost like figure came out of him, he rubbed his eyes to check if he was seeing right, he for sure was. “What's wrong, Kai? Don't you remember me?” the figure said “No way.. I though I got rid of you!?” yelled Kai quietly “I'm you little boy, you can't get rid of me unless you get rid of yourself.” the figure laughed at Kai's terrified face as he realized that Zaron hadn't called him weak after all.

To be continued..