Chapter 3 Pollywog Part 1: The Dream

I walked around in a cold sweat. I was in a pit of darkness again, there were tons of voices around me. people I know, Nancy and Steve arguing, Billy professing his feelings, Eleven... I could hear her talking. "MIKE! MIKE!" over and over again. I saw a white light, I walked towards it. I was transitioned into what looked like a playroom. It was white, with rainbows on the wall. There were children in hospital gowns. I watched as they played with toys. 

"Hello?" they all ignored me, I turned around to find a tall man in the middle of the floor. He was familiar. I went to tap him on the shoulder, but I fell. As I was falling I took in my surroundings. It was red, completely red. I hit the ground, taking my breath away. I stood up. El stood in front of a clock looking up at it. 

"EL!, EL!" She turned around blood dripping from her face, her eyes dripping with blood. Her hair was cut off, and dirt smothered her face. I felt something roll off my face and hit my foot. It was blood. I touched my nose it was bleeding. I was confused by the events of what was happening. 

"Its because of you..." El walked towards me. " Everything is happening because of you, Will is going to die because of you, Steve will die, Billy will die. All because of you."

She touches my face and wiped the blood from my nose. She pushes me and i start falling again. Into a dark abyss, into water. I swim to the surface, im in Lover's Lake. I swim out, and find a shack. I open the door, inside is Dustin, he has a strange looking animal with him.

"What are you, little guy? What were you doing in my trash? You hungry? Nougat. Go on, eat." 

"Dustin.."

He turns to me, "Its all your fault....wake up." 

i, wake up. Steve is startled awake. 

Steve: Are you okay? Bad dream.

Y/n: So much worse than that, what time is it?

Steve: Oh shit i don't know * he looks at the clock beside my bed, it read 2:00 am* 

Y/n: You should probably go * you rubs your eyes* 

Steve: Do you need to be alone, that dream startled you quite a bit...

-Steve and you had fallen asleep to Carrie.

Y/n: I, shit we have school tomorrow. You should actually go, i need to take a shower. 

Steve: Okay, bye y/n. Call me if you need anything please.

Y/n: *you usher him out the door* bye Steve

-You pick up the trash, grabs your towel and head to the bathroom. Your mother was still working, you turn on the hot water. You think about the dream you had, as you was your scalp to relived the headache you had you hear someone talking in the other room. It was too late for your mom to be home. You leave the water running, and lock the door. You wrap yourself in a towel, you look for something to protect yourself with. There's nothing but a little broom in the closet. 

You slowly open the door leading to your hallway. You see the kitchen light on, you here someone stubble around. You walk into the kitchen 

Y/n; who's there...I'm calling the cops!

???: Ow! Shit

Y/n: Billy? What the fuck?

Billy: I...We.-.Shit.

Y/n: Billy you're drunk come on. 

-You help him from the ground, and take him to your room. You get dressed. 

Y/n: Billy, what are you doing here? my were you on the ground in my kitchen?

Billy: I'm so sorry y/n...I messed up, I mess everything up *he rolls over on your bed and hugs the pillow* 

y/n: Billy you don't mess things up, I'm sorry.

Billy: I think...I.... love you...

Y/n: *your speechless* Billy...

-He falls into sleep, you take his jacket and shoes off as careful as possible. You take the small blanket at the end of you bed and cover him up. You grab a blanket out of your closet and a extra pillow off your bed. You make your way to the couch. You get cozy, and drift to a sleep. With Billy's words on your mind.