THIRTY NINE

"I knew he was a slimy snake from the moment I saw him! Oh, he just waits until I get my hands on his neck if I ever see the man again!" Rochelle screamed out, pacing back and forth angrily

Me and Levi had been back at the lounge before it reopened for the nigh shift for an hour now, after the terror that I just experienced—forever grateful that he showed up when he did.

I had never felt so horrified in my life.

It was astonishing yet remarkable I could make it out after such an attack. It was like I was nothing but a cheap skirt he could fool and take control of.

I would've called the cops on him if we could. I wanted to.

Although with us both knowing that if we did, we would be the ones to get booked—not believing a colored woman or a white man who was in love with me, and Jake would just continue on living his best life as an untouchable and cocky man.

I would rather jump in front of traffic than to give him that satisfaction.

So we had no choice but to let him go. For now.

"Who knows what other terrible things he has done to anyone else? He told me this was just how things always work. We have to tell someone!" I explained to them.

However if this was the price of fame and fortune...I didn't want no part of it.

"Yeah, but we would have no way or resources of getting him to crack." Levi added on, continuing to rub my back in sweet strokes with one hand while holding mine tightly with the other.

"And I'm sure his other pursuits are just as terrified of what he can do to them as you are. We'd have to find someone who would be bold enough to bring him down." Rochelle finished for us.

They were right. But what else could we do?

"But maybe...there might be someone I do have in mind." Levi let out, staring at Rochelle carefully. "Shelly..."

But quick and oddly, Rochelle simply shook her head. "No. I mean, she couldn't. We couldn't ask her to impose. It's too much for us to deal with, let alone her. She's never even met him."

Now normally I would despise them for wanting to be involved in something that was my own battle. But after today and Levi's actions since we met...sometimes it's better to ask for help. 

"Who?" I brought up.

"Someone who loves to help others out when they're in some sort of trouble like us. That's who she is. She's helped me through thick and thin. And yes, that may be so, but who's to say she can't or hasn't by now? She's got way more resources now than we'll ever." Levi pleaded.

"But she's also already built a new life for herself, Levi. She won't want to come back here in a
million years. I know I probably wouldn't." She answered, shrugging.

"We can at least try."

Then at that moment, I knew exactly who they were talking about so highly if Levi really knew so much about her.

His best friend that I hoped to meet one day.

"It's the actress, isn't it? Victoria Singh."

Staring at me closely, Rochelle shook her head and sighed. "Never mind that. Let's just regroup and try to move on as best as we can. You'll have us with you no matter what... Ivy Hart." She happily professed.

I let out the first and genuine smile since the whole ordeal and nodded gratefully as she soon walked away.

But now with just me and Levi, there were still a few things I wanted to tell him.

"I'm sorry." I started off.

"Ivy baby, stop. Ya don't have to keep saying sorry to me. This was never your fault." He pleaded, getting on his knees to fully face my way and came close.

"I meant about the other night..." He sighed and stared. "I should've known you've always been different in such a beautiful way. That ya never cared about what race I am, and I can see that very clearly! I-I-I just didn't know how or want to accept it for the longest. And even though ya might not need me to say this or maybe ya do...but I can. I can say it now! I love you Levi Janson. I've been in love with ya since the second I saw ya. If you're willing to fight for our right to love...then I'm gonna fight too! I'll be right with ya through it all. No matter what." I firmly uttered.

Tearing up, he smiled and nodded slowly. "I will forever love ya Ivy Hart."

And with that, I beamed as he did the same as we lunged forward—kissing each other with such raging force and passion—our bodies entwining together as they did best.

His lips were like a gift I would never give up again.

And this life I had for myself right here...was all I really needed.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

I had to drop a little hint in here for the next story, if you spot it out! 

I wonder who really is this person Levi and Shelly speak of? ;)