chapter four

THE TWO began walking down the hall with the hooded boy in the front and hayami following behind him.

"you know, i never caught your name," hayami spoke up. the silence between the two was stressing her out. she doesn't enjoy silence too much.

"you know," the boy replied, "i never threw it." hayami looked at the boy with a cold stare and walked right up to him.

"you've been such as ass tonight, you know?" she asked him, scoffing at him.

the two stopped walking, and the boy looked right at her. their faces were just a couple inches apart. he quickly looked away and began to walk again, leaving her behind. "takes one to know one," he exclaimed.

hayami exhaled. he was getting on her last nerve. she walked back up to where he was.

"fine," she stated. she put her hand on his chest so he'd stop. when he did, he turned to face her. he was a few inches taller than hayami was, so he had to look down a bit.

"i'll go first," hayami said and stuck her hand out to the boy. "nice to meet you," she greeted, "i'm hayami."

the boy was reluctant to shake it, but he gave in after a few seconds. "nice to meet you, too, hayami," he shook her hand, "im chishiya."

"chishiya," hayami said, still shaking his hand, "what a lovely name for such a prick like you."

chishiya smirked, tightening his already strong grip on her hand. "same goes for you, hayami."

he let go after what seemed like forever, and hayami's hand had a red hand-shaped mark all over it. chishiya's grip was so strong that it made her hand sting.

chishiya began to walk again. "now hurry up if you want to know where the safe room is."

hayami's eyes widened. 'he knows where it is?' she thought, 'this motherfucker.'

"you know where the safe room is?" hayami asked chishiya, and he nodded. hayami pursed her lips. "how long have you known?"

chishiya shrugged. "for a bit now," he said.

hayami couldn't believe it. how could someone just waste that much time? does he not know how many lives he could've saved?

"and you're just now mentioning it?" hayami questioned.

"well, you never did ask me," chishiya said, and hayami crossed her arms.

"you are such a-" hayami paused and sighed. she didn't want to say anything else to him that would piss him off. he was letting her stay with him after all.

who knows, he may be the one person to keep her alive.

"just," hayami continued, "can you tell me where the safe room is so we won't die?"

chishiya laughed. "thought you'd never ask," he said. he leaned over the ledge and nodded to hayami so she'd join him.

"you see that door right there?" he asked, pointing to a door a few levels below them. it had many bullet holes around it. "there it is. the tagger shot from a distance, so he was obviously making sure no one got into the room."

hayami nodded. she was impressed by his logic, but still mad at the fact he waited this long to say anything.

"you know," she said, "even though i'm not too fond of you right now, you're pretty smart."

chishiya flashed her a smile. "thanks," he said, and began to walk again, "come on, there's only 5 minutes left."

hayami and chishiya walked down the stairs until they made it to the level with the safe room. when they got to the door, they were met with another player: arisu.