chapter ten

HAYAMI scrambled into the bedroom, only a towel covering her. she went to the closet, praying that there was a new swim suit in there. she opened it, and the first thing she saw was a nice two-piece swimsuit.

"perfect," she smiled and whispered. she dropped the towel and changed into the new suit.

hayami picked up her towel and her other swimsuit. she put her boot back on her foot. she tossed them in the laundry basket in the bathroom. the two outside knocked again.

"hold on a second!" hayami yelled as she scrambled to the door. she took a deep breath to calm herself down. she had just paced around the room, and she didn't want to make anything seem suspicious about her behavior. she breathed in, and breathed out, opening the door.

"hey guy- oh my god."

hayami stopped moving in shock. there stood kuina and chishiya, but chishiya had a big gash on his cheek, staining his cheek and neck red. kuina had, what looked like chishiya's blood on her hands.

"hey, hayami," chishiya waved, acting unbothered. kuina waved as well.

"what happened?" hayami asked, her worry growing by the second.

chishiya shrugged. "just a game," he said. he seemed to be completely unfazed by the cut, and he acted completely fine.

" 'just a game?' " hayami asked, laughing, "does it not hurt?"

chishiya shook his head. "not really," he said, "can we come in now?"

hayami nodded. "yeah, come on in," she said. kuina went in first and chishiya followed her.

hayami closed the door behind them. "what kind of game did you all play?" she asked.

kuina turned around. "it was a five of diamonds. you had to figure out how to get across the room without getting a sword projectiled at you. it was sort of like booby traps, and the person next to chishiya ended up stepping the wrong way. chishiya just happened to get caught in the swords crossfire."

"hayami," chishiya spoke up, "do you know where the first aid kit is?"

hayami hummed. "i don't know," she said, "let me find it." hayami walked into her kitchen and searched for the first aid.

kuina walked in behind her and over to the sink. she began to wash the blood off of her hands.

hayami looked through all the cabinets before finally finding the first aid kit. chishiya had sat down at the table, holding a paper towel to his neck so the blood wouldn't drip. most of it had been dried, though.

hayami set the first aid kit on the table and opened it. she had grabbed the alcohol and a bandaid out of it.

"here," chishiya said, reaching for the items, "let me do it."

hayami smacked his hand away. "no," she argued, "let me take care of your wound like you took care of mine." chishiya slowly moved his hand away.

hayami grabbed a paper towel and poured alcohol on it over the sink. she walked back over to chishiya. he had his legs spread a bit, so hayami propped her knee between them in order to get closer to his face. she cupped his face gently and turned his head over.

she took the paper towel and gently placed it on his face. chishiya flinched from the alcohol, cursing under his breath.

"sorry," hayami apologized. she wiped the cut a few more times before grabbed a bandaid. she took the small wrappers off of them and placed the bandaid on chishiya's cheek. "there you go," she said, standing up, "all done."