chapter fourteen

THE MILITANTS made their way outside the beach. hayami felt a mixture of anxiety and excitement for the upcoming game. she remembered what happened in the last one: the first two people she met died, she got shot, and she hurt her leg. she didn't feel like cowering away in fear; she had niragi, and she knew he'd protect her.

everyone around her was running, but the milatants all stayed chill. they walked over to an old fashioned, but cool looking car. last boss hopped into the drivers seat, setting his katana in the back. aguni got into the passenger seat, leaving niragi and hayami in the back with two other militants. however, four people couldn't possibly all fit back there.

"how are we all going to be able to sit in the back?" hayami asked, looking up at niragi.

he smirked. "easy," he said, "you'll be sitting in my lap."  he opened the door and climbed into the seat behind aguni. he patted his lap, and hayami climbed into the car, sitting on his lap. her head almost reached the ceiling.

last boss started the car. the engine made a loud roar.

"aye, last boss!" one of the militant henchmen called out. last boss looked through the review mirror at him. "can't you move your katana elsewhere? its gonna end up cutting my bits off."

last boss looked away from the mirror and shrugged. "not my problem," he said. he reversed the car out of the parking lot, and drove off to the game. he was going extremely fast. niragi held onto hayami's waist so she wouldn't fall.

"hayami," aguni called from the front seat, "you better hold onto your head. last boss isn't the best driver."

last boss glared at him. right as he took his eyes off the road, they came to a corner. last boss quickly looked back and turned the corner. the car felt as if it came off the tires on one side. hayami would have fallen off of niragi if he weren't holding her.

aguni looked at him with a disappointed face. last boss shook his head.

"just took me by surprise," he said, trying to make an excuse. niragi burst out laughing at his attempt, and hayami couldn't help but laugh, too.

niragi looked up at the girl in his lap. "are you excited for the game tonight?" he asked.

she nodded. "yes," she said, "what kind of game is it going to be?"

"we won't know until we get there," niragi stated, "but whatever it is, i'll make sure you won't get hurt."

hayami smiled. she leaned down and kissed him, putting her hand on his cheek. the henchmen beside them snickered as they watched the make-out session take place.

"if you two start having sex in my car," last boss spoke up, "im going to turn this thing off the next cliff."

niragi took one hand off of hayami's waist and flipped last boss off. the henchmen made 'oooo' sounds as the two continued to kiss.

"last boss, turn right here," aguni said, "i saw game arena lights."

last boss once again took a sharp turn, which broke the kiss. this upset niragi.

"last boss, can't you drive more carefully?" niragi scolded him, "there's a lady in the car."

last boss didn't respond. hayami moved a bit to look out the windshield. they were pulling into what looked like an amusement park. all the rides were on, but they were all empty.

last boss parked pretty close to the entrance. the henchmen behind him handed him his katana. everyone got out of the car and looked at the carnival ahead of them.

niragi was the last person to get out of the car. he slammed the door shut, which recieved a scowl from last boss, and stood next to hayami.

he wrapped an arm around her. "are you ready?" he asked.