20

°•♡•°

°•♡•°

Elena and Bonnie stand in the old witches' house in the dusty basement. Very little sunlight is filtered through the windows. You could see the particles floating in the air. On the floor lay the Mikaelson clan, and an unknown coffin that was higher sat on a small table.

“I've been having these dreams for days now. It's like the witches are trying to send me a message.” Bonnie says, crossing her arms, trying her best to focus on Elena.

“I just can't believe that you guys kept this from me this whole time.” Elena quietly said, looking around the room.

Bonnie frowned, looking down. “There has been a new side effect of these dreams,” She drawled out.

“Side effects?” An offended voice asked.

Elena slowly turned to her best friend, “Bonnie?”

Bonnie sighed, looking up at one coffin. The figure of Cybele that has haunted her dreams now sat on top of an unknown Mikaelson sibling. Her eyes were pure white now, unlike the dreams. Her apparition appeared more dead than the other version. They both were wearing the same things, but now Cybele was paler, and gray veins were under her eyes and crawling up her wrists and forearms.

Bonnie could now see when she turned her back. The brown shirt was stained in blood from where Mikeal shoved his fist into her back and spine. But there was no apparent wound, just a large semi-circular scar. Unlike her dreams, the gaping gashes on her forearms were now ugly and nasty scars.

But there was something different Bonnie only caught glimpses of, healed and scarred burn marks in the shape of claw marks, crisscrossed her back. She never got a good look at them because the hole in the shirt was only so big, but they were definitely visible in some moments.

“I've started seeing the ghost of Cybele,” Bonnie finally broke the silence, looking at the figure of the dead shapeshifter in front of her.

“What?!” Elena gasped, looking frantically and in disbelief around the whole room as if she was suddenly going to see her. Cybele raised an eyebrow at the doppelganger.

“Yeah she’s here,” Bonnie gestured to where she was sitting, Elena looked in the spot and found nothing.

“Do you know why?” Elena asked.

Bonnie again shrugged, “I just know that when we were first hiding the coffins, the witches kept telling me to bring her body to them and to save her. I don't really know. They never went into detail.”