05

°•♡•°The Mystic Grill was moderately busy, as usual

°•♡•°
The Mystic Grill was moderately busy, as usual. Matt Dovavon was desperately trying to reach his girlfriend, Caroline to finally come clean. He had known she was a vampire, and was working with her mother against her. Though that changed, he knew his Caroline was in there somewhere.

“Hey, Caroline, it's me. I thought you were coming back to meet me. Look, I need to talk to you. It's important” He sighed into the phone, before shutting it and hanging up. He quickly catches a glance of Damon Salvatore entering the bar. He pauses glaring at the raven haired man before spinning on his heel and going to work. 

Damon slanters up to the bar before sitting himself down and ordering a drink. Damon's head was racing with slight guilt of what he had done. He roughly shoves a hand in his hair, slightly pulling at it. He feels a shift beside him, signalling someone had sat down.

“I'll have the same,” The voice said. Raising his head, Damon was met with the towns local drunk history teacher, Alaric Saltzman.

“I screwed up,” 

Alaric let out a small hum, “Yeah. Yeah, you did,” He simply, but bluntly stated. 

“Yeah” Damon trailed off, they were left there for a few moments in silence. That silence did not last long.

“Gentlemen? Why so glum?” A smooth british accent fills the air. Damon saw in the corner of his eye Alaric glaring daggers at someone to his left. Damon lets out a small groan, staring down at the drink in his hand.

“Ugh. Klaus, I presume,”

Klaus let out a small smirk staring at the two younger males, “In the flesh,” Klaus looks up at towards Alaric, “Thanks for the loaner, mate.”

Damon quickly stands up from his chair. Klaus simply raised an eyebrow at his furious expression, “Any reason you stopped by to say hi?”

“I'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelgänger. Just thought I'd remind you to not do anything you'll regret. Oh, and I heard a rumor you were looking for my shapeshifter, Cybele Faye, might want to back off mate.”

Damon breaks out into a smile at the irony at his comment, a small humorless laugh bubbles in this thoat. “Thanks for the advice. I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement, by any chance, huh?”

“You are kidding?” Klaus incredulously asked, upon seeing the older Salvatores expression he switches his focus to Alaric. “He is kidding, right?”

“No, not really,”

“I mean, come on, what's one month in the whole grand scheme of things?” Damon sarcastically asked, gesturing around.