Chapter 3

I woke up to the smell of bacon. I grabbed my phone and saw i had a text from Grayson. I smiled as i read it. "Hey, i know you had a rough night, you should get out of the house, we should hang out today, see you at 10." I looked at the time. 8:30 am. I rolled out of bed and and took a quick shower. I put my hair in a towel and picked out a pair of black skinny jeans and a pink button up with a pair of black ankle boots. I straightened my hair and done my everyday makeup and grabbed my purse and phone. I walked to stairs to see Logan and my mom. "Morning." I said grabbing a flavored water from the refrigerator. "Where are you going all dressed up?" My mom asked smiling. "She probably has plans with one of them Dolan twins." Logan said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes. "I do actually, i have plans with Grayson. We're going to the boardwalk." I said as the doorbell rang. "He's here!" I said opening the door. "Morning, Grayson." I said. He smiled. "Morning, Hunter, Logan, Mrs.King." He said extending his hand. "Ready?" I nodded taking his hand. "We'll be back soon. Love y'all." I said as i closed the door. "So where is the boardwalk?" He smiled. "It's only like 10 minutes away." he said and we began to walk. We walked until we came to this HUGE Ferris wheel. "Wow." I breathed. We walked around and talked for a while. "Hey, so, um, can we talk about last night?" He asked and i nodded. "How long have they fought like that?" He asked. I shrugged. "A few years i guess. They're just not as happy as they were in high school." I said. He just nodded. "Where are y'all from originally?" I asked changing the subject. "We're from here, but we moved to California, then we moved back. What about you?" I nodded. "We lived in Georgia until i was like 9, but then we moved here." I said.

It's now almost 11 pm and the boardwalk is closing for the night. "I should get you home." Grayson said and i nodded. We walked back to our houses and Grayson stood on my front porch with me. "I had fun. we should hang out again soon." I said and Grayson nodded. "We should." He agrees. "Goodnight, Hunter." He says. "Goodnight, Grayson." I replied. I said and Grayson leans down and kisses my cheek. He bites his lip and walks to his house. I open the door to be greeted by a single lamp on, and my dad, who did not look happy. "Where have you been, Hunter?" My dad asked. "I was with a friend." I said I said trying to go upstairs, but Dad blocks the staircase. "Who? Do i know them?" He asked and i rolled my eyes. "I was out at the boardwalk, with Grayson. You would know him, if you hadn't started fighting with Mom last night." I said. "You will not speak to me like that." He says sternly. "Then trust Mom and i." I said going upstairs. I know Mom told him I was with Grayson and Logan probably did too. I quickly changed into my pajamas and laid down.