thirty one

Haerin's POV

Minji left for work earlier after we cuddled in bed for a while. After all the years hanging out and being with her that is the closest I've felt to her. I don't know why. I guess maybe because we've never just laid together holding each other without saying anything. It was nice to just be with her. It would have been even nicer if Niki didn't call me this morning. I thought I could just leave everything in the past and move on and try and grow my relationship with Minji, but clearly I'll never be able to do that without something getting in the way. I only agreed to go to this party to get this over with once and for all then I plan on never seeing him ever again.

"Are you sure you guys didn't have sex because when I walked in last night you were basically naked on the floor with a very flustered Minji right next to you." Hyein smirked, handing me a popsicle that she just bought from the convenience store we are at.

"Yes I promise we did not. I was just really drunk and apparently I act a little differently when intoxicated." I sigh as we walk to the park next to the convenience store we were at.

"Why were you drunk anyway?" Hyein frowned as she licked her popsicle.

"Honestly I was stressed. Leeseo texted me all day yesterday trying to get me to talk to Niki. I didn't even know they were that close. I mean we all hung out together, but they never talked outside of school that I know of. Did you know they were close?" I stop at a bench under a tree in the shade and sit trying to stay out of the hot summer sun.

"No I didn't know. In fact I was sure Leeseo hates Niki since you guys were together." The younger girl plops down next to me with a frown on her face. She's right actually Leeseo never really seemed that fond of Niki. I just assumed it was normal since everyone around me didn't like him that it was normal for her to. She has no real reason to not like him besides the fact that she liked me.

"Weird. Whatever, I'm trying not to think about it too much. Do you want to come to the party with me?" Hyein's ears perked up immediately with a big smile on her face.

"You're inviting me to come to Niki's party?" She beamed at me. I raise a curious eyebrow at the girl who is a little too excited.

"Well I mean yeah if you want to come."

"Absolutely I do! This will be like my first college party!" I didn't think about that. Technically it would be a college party and Hyein is only sixteen. I don't know if Minji or her parents would be too happy with her going to that kind of party.

"Um yeah just don't tell anyone I don't want to get you or me in trouble." Hyein just nodded enthusiastically and went to licking her popsicle. I looked down at mine that I've barely touched as it dripped down my hand. This party sure is going to be interesting.

-

Minji's POV

"Do you think I should go with her?" I asked Hanni during our lunch break. The Vietnamese girl immediately dropped her fork and looked at me with an annoyed expression.

"This is the 5th time you've asked me this and it's only lunch. Kim Minji, can I have one moment of peace!" Hanni angrily picked up her fork and resumed eating her salad.

"I'm just concerned about her! Is it a crime?" Hanni sighed, closing her eyes and leaned back in her chair.

"Haerin is not ten years old, she can take care of herself." I roll my eyes at the extremely unhelpful girl.

"Yes I know that, but I don't want Niki trying anything with her." Hanni's face softened.

"Look if you trust her you have nothing to worry about. Do you trust her?"