chapter six: cinnamon

chapter six

mouse

potential allergies (tws) for this chapter: mentions and implications of trauma, mouse is still taking very poor care of themself (but this time, they're trying!), disordered eating (i think? just in case), very brief mentions of m*rder (not plot relevant—you'll see)

**

cinnamon: alone, this spice is not meant to be consumed due to its overwhelming flavour and dry, chalky texture. however, when used in baking recipes, it is warm, comforting, and aromatic. because certain things cannot stand being alone. certain things are better together.

fun story: if you don't read my updates on my message board (because why would you), i took a random break for the 24th and 25th of december as it was the holidays. speaking of, happy holidays to those who celebrate!

another fun story: i've been having an ongoing problem with my elbow causing my pinky and ring finger to shake a concerning amount, and because i am stubborn, i haven't gone to see the doctor about it. and tonight when i was doing the dishes, i had a sharp pinching pain in my elbow that then caused an ache that spread through my entire forearm. which is probably not a good sign? my family thinks it's partially caused by how much i've been writing/typing, so i promised myself that i would finish the chapter tomorrow to rest my elbow, but...well, here i am, finishing the chapter anyway.

writers. they're wild.

(considering it's now two in the morning, i think i'll probably just release it tomorrow anyway. life is great. /s)

anyway! even if my lack of self-care is almost as bad as mouse's, please remember to take care of yourselves out there. do as i say, not as i do, because even though i am a massive hypocrite, i still care about your well-being. :)

also! i'll be starting school soon, which means that i might have to update once every two days for the next little while. once i'm actually in school (it's an acting conservatory program so we have classes for twelve hours every day monday through saturday), i have no idea how often i'll be able to update. i imagine it will be a "whenever i can" sort of deal. thanks for understanding <3

thank you for visiting cafe saturn! we hope you enjoy whip cream—we added a little extra just because you're so special

thank you for visiting cafe saturn! we hope you enjoy whip cream—we added a little extra just because you're so special. have a relaxing day, and mouse, kaia, and i will see you all next time. <3

- sage :)