Persistent

"Why not now?" Zhongli asked. Childe blushed.

"I need to introduce you to my family before our marriage. Please let me prepare my heart," Childe replied. Zhongli hummed.

"Family, huh? Will they accept me?"

"They will, don't worry. You're a nice and kind guy...er, deity I ever met. Woah, woah, don't touch me," Childe warned when Zhongli's hand crawled down to his thigh. "No!"

"I want you."

"This is not a proper place, please don't," he said while pushing his face. Zhongli kissed his hand.

"Then shall we move?" he asked. Childe was tempted, yet he realized he had a mission to do.

"No can't do. I need to work now, Xiansheng. Let me go," he begged. The amber man didn't listen and tightened his hug. "Xiansheng."

"You're too busy."

"You're too free. Let me go, Xiansheng," he demanded. Zhongli shook his head. "Come on, Xiansheng. Don't act childish now."

"You won't come back to me," he pouted. Childe cupped his cheeks and kissed his lips.

"I will be back, Xiansheng," he gently said. Zhongli thought for a while and let him go. "Thank you. See you later, Xiansheng."

Childe hurriedly rushed out of the teahouse to find Paimon and Aether waited under the scorched sun.

"Heh, finally you came out. Paimon waited for a long time in this unbearable heat! You damn fa..."

"Hush, my business is done. I need to go, bye," Childe hushed her and glanced at Traveler. "Please take care of Xiansheng. Here's your fund," he said as he handed the bag of Mora.

"Glad to work for you," Paimon suddenly turned cheerful.

"Tch," Aether clicked his tongue.

"I heard it. See you again, comrade," Childe bidded goodbye and walked to Tenshukaku. Aether and Paimon stared each other.

"Did you notice something off?" Paimon asked. Aether nodded. "Shall we ask Zhongli?"

"...perhaps better if we stay away from their matters," Aether suggested.

"Aww seriously? Ah, that's Zhongli," Paimon said as she saw the slender and tall figure walked out of the teahouse. "Zhongli! Over here!"

The amber man turned his gaze and smiled, then strode to them.

"Traveler, sorry to bother you but..."

"I get it," he sighed and walked inside with the bag, while Paimon staring at Zhongli.

"Zhongli~ what happened between you two?"

"Are you curious, my dear friend?" Zhongli chuckled.

"Of course! I know Childe is generous, but why he gave you another bag of Mora even though your business is over?" Paimon smirked. Zhongli chuckled.

"I'll tell you when the time comes," Zhongli replied. Paimon groaned.

"Why?!"

"Paimon, let's go. Ah, here is for you," Aether said as he handed the bag and waved, walked away without even glanced back. Zhongli stared at the bag and sighed.

"I shouldn't let him pamper me."

###

Childe sighed loud after defeating the enemies. He wiped his face full of blood and looked at sky, his gaze gloomed.

"...maybe I should reject him," he murmured. He stared at the ocean and glanced when one of his subordinates came.

"Mr. Tartaglia, Mr. Pierro orders us to go back to Snezhnaya."

"What happened?"

"... Lady Signora is death."

His eyes widened, yet he remained calm and nodded.

"I understand. Give me a minute," he replied. The subordinate bowed and left him. Childe stared at the sea once again, then walked away.

"Should I tell Xiansheng I won't be able to come to Liyue for a long time?" he murmured. When he reached the harbor, he asked a pen and a paper, then wrote a short message. He put on his own seal with a petal of sakura then gave it to his subordinate.

"Send it to xi...I mean, Zhongli Xiansheng."

"Yes, Sir," he bowed as he touched the letter and left. Childe sighed and turned to the others.

"To Snezhnaya!"

###

"Mr. Zhongli~ a letter for you," Hutao said after Zhongli came back from his leave. "I thought you gonna take for a week, but you only spent it a day. Did something good happen?"

"Sort of," he replied as he opened the letter and read it. Suddenly he folded it again and sighed.

"Bad news?"

"...please be quiet, Miss Hutao," he threatened. Hutao sealed her lips and left quietly, while Zhongli cracked his table by his aura. He almost crumpled the letter on his right hand.

"You said you will come back, and now you said you can't? Are you toying on me?" he murmured. He stood and reached his boss.

"I will leave again."

"... alright, be careful. Don't forget bring your Mora and wear something warm at Snezhnaya," she replied. Zhongli dashed out and grabbed his things, then jumped into a boat.

"Sir, this is..."

"Silence! Take me to Snezhnaya now," he threatened. The Fatui looked each other, then called the sergeant.

"Ah, the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor's consultant? I'm afraid we can't take you to Snezhnaya without..." he stopped as the amber man pointed the spear on his neck.

"I don't want to use this but you don't give me a choice, Sir. Take me to Snezhnaya, I have an urgent problem with your harbinger."

"I understand, but we are apologize, we're in grief for losing Lady Signora tomorrow. I'm afraid we couldn't help you," he apologized halfheartedly. Zhongli narrowed his eyes.

"I don't need an excuse. You'll sail to Snezhnaya now or..."

"Mr. Zhongli! Over here!" someone called. He turned his gaze to find Beidou waved her hand. "I'll take you to Snezhnaya."

He jumped fast and landed right beside Beidou, his gaze landed on her.

"Are you serious taking me to Snezhnaya?"

"Well duh I am, Sir. I have to deliver these goods. Lucky you," she smiled. Zhongli nodded and got on her ship, along with her subordinates.

"Anyway, it's rare for you to leave Liyue. Something urgent you can't let it go?"

"Sort of. Just hurry up before I lost my patience," Zhongli said as he put back his spear and stared at the sea. Beidou nodded and yelled to her crews.

"To Snezhnaya, guys! Move your ass!"