Chasing You

"...hey, Zhongli. I know you upset he left you, but please focus on your job," Hutao said when that young lady found him slacking off while playing with the dried silk flower Childe left. He glared at her.

"How did you know?"

"Well, let's say my instincts tell me," she replied. He sighed and placed the dried flower inside his pocket, then stared at her.

"Miss Hutao."

"Yes?"

"I want to resign," he said. Hutao blinked and clapped her hands.

"Really? You won't get any moras you know," she reminded. Zhongli fell into deep thoughts and sighed.

"Can I get a long leave?"

"Sure. Have fun. Tell me if you see him again," she said as she pushed him out and waved hand. "Bye, Zhongli."

He stunned for a while in front of Wangsheng Funeral Parlor and sighed.

"Where should I go?"

###

"Welcome back, Tartaglia. How was your day at Liyue?" Pulcinella greeted when the boat landed at Morepesok harbor. Childe sighed.

"Worst enough to taint my name. I guess you know it too, Pulcinella," he replied harshly. "I'm tired. See you later."

"Don't forget to report to Her Highness."

"I know," he said as he walked away to the city and looked up.

"It's cold."

He stared at the sky a bit while, then walked again until he reached Zaporlyany Palace. The guards gave salute and let him in, yet he stopped before the most annoying person in his life.

"Ah, isn't that the number eleven, Tartaglia?"

"...Columbina."

"My, don't be like a stranger, dear. How was your trip? Tiring?" she replied cheerfully, yet Childe felt threatened with her existence.

"Yeah, a little bit tiring. Thanks for worrying me, I need to have an audience with Her Highness. Excuse me," he politely explained and walked faster to leave her. He halted his walk when he saw Dottore and Pierro talking right before the throne room.

"...perhaps another day will do," he murmured and turned his back, then bumped into a giant with a full face helmet covered his face.

"...Capitano."

The man didn't say anything, yet his hand slowly reached his head and patted it. The ginger man blinked.

"Umm, Sir?" he called. Capitano lifted his head and walked away without even opened his lips. Childe didn't understand his action, yet he felt warmth from that big hand. He blushed a little and rushed out the palace.

"Wait, Childe."

The ginger man stopped and turned his head only to find Signora gracefully walked toward him. His expression turned sour.

"We don't have any businesses, right?" he mocked. Signora flipped her hair and chuckled.

"Are you still mad because of the play he made? You're so childish," she replied. Childe clicked his tongue, yet he couldn't counter that. "Anyway, Childe, Her Majesty prepared a mission for you at Inazuma. Get ready to sail."

"I just came back from Liyue yet you...ah, whatever. I will leave now," he gave up as he stepped back to the harbor. He stopped a while and patted his stomach.

"Brr, suddenly I'm craving Xiangling's dish. Perhaps...I can visit Liyue after my mission. But...how can I face Xiansheng after I left him?" he murmured. He hurriedly jumped into the boat and sailed again.