Chaotic Abode

Zhongli brought the young ginger man to his abode while carrying their stuff. Childe was too stunned to see the antiques filling almost the entire place. He turned to Zhongli.

"Throw them all," he ordered. Zhongli only nodded and patted his head, then gently placed him on the clean and soft bed he prepared before leaving Liyue. After giving the bare necessity for his wife, he kissed his plumpy cheek and returned to the living room.

"...he said throw them all, but most antiques here are quite pricey. Perhaps I should move them to the garage and save the rest here. That's a better option," he murmured as he started working to move the most plain antiques to the garage, carefully treating them so nothing broke. After cleaning, he continued to remodel the living room to look more spacious and elegant for his taste.

"Now, what should I cook for Ajax?" he murmured again, then walked to the kitchen and checked all of his ingredients. He didn't realize Childe walked in and smiled, then slowly wrapped his waist.

"Xiansheng, sleep with me," he begged. He nodded, then took him back to their bedroom. Childe patted his tummy, then glanced to the living  room.

"Didn't I tell you to throw all of them? Why only half of your collections?" he asked. Zhongli stayed silent until he managed to let the ginger sat nicely. He knelt before him and patted his belly.

"Apologies, my love. I couldn't throw them since they're precious for me, as precious... no less than you. Please, I want those items to stay here, even just half of them. If you are still not satisfied, I'll place them in the garage for..."

"Whatever," he cut his words as he slapped his hand softly and laid down. He turned his back so the amber won't be able to notice his upset. Zhongli took a deep breath and patted his back head, then walked out and looked around the living room. He thought carefully about how to dispose of them, yet his brain won't work well. He felt something lost inside his heart. On the other side, Childe fully aware Zhongli's agony in order to toss his collections. He felt embarrassed and guilty, so he peeked from his room and shocked when he saw Zhongli grabbing a big vase and about to throw it.

"Xiansheng, wait!" he yelled. Zhongli held his vase and turned, he couldn't hide his sadness. Childe took the initiative to go to his side and put back the vase.

"Don't do it. Come, sit with me and feel your child here," he said as he led his hand to his tummy. Zhongli could sense a small kick from inside, then he smiled. "He recognized you."

"...it's amazing to see another creature lives inside your belly, and that creature is my child. My dear, is it okay for you?"

"Again with that silly question, Xiansheng? Listen, I will say it one and only. This is the proof of our love, and don't you dare object our baby. It will be our eternal treasure," he said as he lifted his head with his finger. "Do you understand, Mr. Rex Lapis? My dearest Morax?"

The long-haired man couldn't hide his smile. He held his hand and brought it into a kiss with lust sparkling inside his eyes. Ajax felt his body electrified by those amber eyes.

"Oh, love. I won't ask it again. Come, I want to share my thoughts while we're cuddling on our nest," he said as he carefully carried the young man to their bedroom.

It was only a half month since Childe moved into his house. They almost argued all the time, even for a tiniest matter.

"I told you I want to fight with the traveler."

"And I told you my answer, Baobei. No, you're pregnant and it's a best choice to stay away from any harmful activities. What if something happens to our baby? Can't you stop being a careless for once?" Zhongli sternly replied without facing his lover. Childe clicked his tongue.

"Why are you so strict? The baby will be fine, trust me. He is a strong kid and you can't stop me having a fight with the traveller. Stop nagging me!" he yelled. 

"Don't raise your voice on me, Childe." 

"I will raise my voice whenever I need it."

"Enough!" Zhongli screamed, his facial features changed. "Enough, Childe."

The ginger man stunned, his face turned gloom and tears slowly fell on his cheeks. Zhongli immediately regretted his act, yet before he could open his lips Childe already dashed out of their house. He tried to chase, but Childe was gone in a second. He looked around to find his traces and they led him to the shore. Before he left, a fast tap on his shoulder stopped him. 

"Yo, Mr Zhongli. Can we talk for a while?" Hutao greeted.

"My apologize, Miss Hutao, I can't do it now. There is something important I have to do," Zhongli rejected. Hutao shook head.

"We should talk now," she insisted. "Don't worry about Childe, he is fine with the traveller. I have a word with you."

Zhongli hesitated, but Hutao moved fast. She grabbed him and dragged him to walk around the city. 

"Tell me what did you do on Childe," she said calmly. Zhongli shut his lips, his mind messed up. "Come on, the longer you silent he will leave you in a second."

"I argued about his safety because he wanted to have a fight with the traveller, but I rejected his plan, the worst I yelled at him."

"I know you wanted the best for him, but yelling at someone who's carrying your kin is quite awful. The pregnant moms are sensitive," Hutao replied. "You should approach him in other way or else," she smiled, "you'll lose him."

"What should I do then? It's my first time having a partner and soon-to-be my kin, yet I still can't reach the understanding of this relationship," Zhongli asked. "And I still have things to do about our marriage."

"Wait, what? The preparations is not done yet?" Hutao shocked. Zhongli nodded. "Mr Zhongli, you're the worst."

"Just tell me what should I do, Miss Hutao. I'm running out of time here," Zhongli impatiently asked. 

"Sorry. Apologize is the best way, though perhaps you may do it in another way."

"Like what?"

"Depends on his mood. Go, he's waiting for you," she replied as she patted his back and pushed him away, then left him alone on the road. Zhongli turned his direction to the shore, then walked in silent till he found Aether and Paimon hiding behind a big rock, watching Childe sitting alone with a seashell on his palm.

"Thank you for watching on him. You may go," Zhongli thanked.

"You should learn to consider human feelings, Zhongli. Just..."

"Don't listen on her rambling." Aether shut Paimon's ramblings by covering her mouth and took her away. Zhongli took a deep breath and approached him.

"Childe."

The young man turned his head and didn't say anything, yet he summoned his blades and pointed them.

"Let's fight now, Xiansheng."