Arguing

"Is he still upset?" Mom asked while washing the dishes. Zhongli nodded, his hand kept wiping the dishes and sighed.

"I don't understand what's his problem," he complaint. Mom laughed and slapped his back.

"Son, he's under a mood swing. Don't worry, it happens to every pregnant woman. He will come back to his sense."

"What if he won't return?" Zhongli asked.

"Well you two should talk over it," she replied lightly. Zhongli remained silent for a while and glanced at the familiar orange locks walking outside with his bow. Zhongli hurriedly chased him and grabbed his wrist.

"Where are you going?" he asked. Childe slapped his hand and turned his head.

"None of your business."

"Baobei, but you're pregnant. Let's get inside and..."

"I'm busy," he straddled away without even looking at his worried amber eyes. Zhongli took a deep breath and walked inside to grab his coat, then followed him from afar so he won't notice. Alas, he didn't know Childe already noticed his presence. The young Snezhnayan tried to ignore it, yet he still felt irritated by his ignorance. He turned his back and yelled.

"Get the fucking out, Xiansheng! I know you're there!"

Zhongli quietly came out behind the pine tree with his coat. Childe summoned his daggers and stabbed them at the nearest tree.

"Fight me."

"Baobei, but..."

"Our baby will be okay. If you want me to listen and obey you, fight me," he growled. Zhongli shook his head.

"Baobei."

"I said fight me!" he screamed. Zhongli scanned his lover carefully and sighed.

"With one condition. I will put my barrier on you," he negotiated. Childe laughed hard and waved his hand.

"Then leave me alone. I don't need your protection," he refuses.

"Ajax, please. It's for you and our baby's safety. I won't leave you alone when your feelings are mixed up."

"Leave. Me. Alone," he hissed. He was about to walk and suddenly dropped right before Zhongli.

"Ajax!" he yelled as he caught him before his head was struck by a stone. Carefully he carried, wrapped him with his coat and walked back to the house.

"...put me down," Childe spoke.

"I will after I lay you on the bed. The baby is upset now," Zhongli replied while kept walking. Childe blinked.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Don't forget the baby shares the same energy as me. Now, shall we talk a little before the spar?" he said softly. Childe sighed and patted his swollen belly.

"Baby, I'm not upset, okay? It's just your father was too dense I don't know how to deal with him," he nagged. Zhongli didn't say anything until they reached the front door to see Teucer waiting with his Mr. Cyclops doll.

"Ah, brother! Eh? Are you okay?" he asked. Childe patted his head affectionately.

"Your nephew or niece is upset and hurt me a little, Teucer. Don't worry, everything is under control," he reassured. Teucer laughed.

"Then you better rest, brother. Should I give you my Mr. Cyclops?"

"Ahaha, no need. I have a better doll for myself. See you again, Teucer," he politely refused. Zhongli nodded to the little boy and got inside, then climbed to the bedroom and lied him on the soft bed.

"This is embarrassing," he mumbles. Zhongli carefully reached his hand and brought him into a kiss.

"Baobei~"

"Urgh, I heard you Xiansheng. Let's talk," he gave up and pulled him closer to hug. "I'm so tired."

"Of course, the baby drains your energy, Baobei. Relax," Zhongli wrapped his waist stealthily. "We will spar when you're in good condition. Under my strict rule."

"Tsk, you still remember it, huh?" Childe whined. Zhongli lowered his head and kissed his bump lovingly.

"Baby, why don't you tell your Mama to be nice for a day?" he whispered.

"I heard it, Xiansheng. Don't you dare manipulate your own flesh and blood like that," Childe grabbed his hair. Zhongli chuckled and kissed him.

"We will settle everything tomorrow. I promise," Zhongli whispered.

###

"Fight me, Xiansheng," Childe roared in the early morning, holding his spear with gleaming eyes. Zhongli caressed his head.

"Okay okay, slow down Baobei. Let's move to a comfortable place and fight there," he said. "But I'm not familiar enough with Snezhnaya. Perhaps you can show us the place?"

"Leave it to me! Come on!" he said as he dragged him into the forest. Zhongli kept mumbling about how his love was wearing such thin clothes. After a while of walking, they reached a wide field surrounded by icicles.

"Don't hold yourself, Xiansheng. Fight me with all of your might," he said as he stretched out. Zhongli clicked his finger to surround Childe with his shield.

"You can move as you wish, but make sure you won't hurt yourself," Zhongli said. Childe knocked the shield and huffed.

"I wished I could fight you without this but oh well, baby's safety first. So, you won't be able to scratch me, I presume?"

"At least you won't hurt badly from my attack, Baobei."

"Ahahaha! Are you sure about that,
Xiansheng? Let's see about it!" he yelled and dash to perform his power, yet Zhongli managed to block him with his spear.

"Baobei, slow down. You'll exhaust yourself," Zhongli reminded. Childe laughed more.

"Don't act like you care, Xiansheng! Fight me!"

Zhongli only sighed and fought him, sometimes he hesitated when his tip of polearm almost scratch his delicate skin. Childe used it as a chance to bleed him, yet the amber man slapped his wrist to avoid it.

"Ah, damn it!"

"Childe, language. You're carrying our baby," Zhongli warned. Childe stuck out his tongue.

"Our baby will be fine, don't spend your time wasting your hair thinking about unnecessary stuff," he mocked. "He has your genes, so he will be as strong as his father."

"He? You are pretty sure the baby will be a boy? What if the baby is a girl?" Zhongli teased.

"A girl or a boy doesn't matter. They're still our child," Childe said. Zhongli chuckled and rushed, caught his waist and kissed him passionately. Childe was surprised, yet he drown into him and wrapped his neck to help him deepen the kiss. After a few minutes passed, Zhongli let him go and caressed his cheek.

"Still want to continue?" Zhongli asked. Childe nuzzled on his sturdy chest like a kitten wants attention.

"No, I'm okay now. Let's go home."