Chapter 30

2 days later.

“Wake up Lily it's already one in the morning babe.” I heard Kee’s voice like a dream.

“Open your eyes, Alia, it's time already,” Jo shouted and I jolted.

“Happy birthday Alia! They shouted holding decorated cardboard that hold bold handwritten ‘Happy Birthday’

“Oh, girls you are incredible,” I said with a raspy voice and sit up.

“Thank you so much girls, I love you all,” I said and open my arms and they run into me on the bed.

“Happy birthday babe, wish for the world and you will get it,” Jo said as she pull out.

“Thank you Jo, you are so sweet.”

“Happy birthday girl, dominate the globe before the dawn.” Kee tease and we all laughed.

I cut the cake and share bites with them and call it a night. I have the best girls in my life they love me as much as I love them, I only heard of terrible besties but mine is priceless.

....

The class was fun today, a lot of my colleagues brought me loads of gifts even those we hardly exchange words with. I feel so loved and overwhelmed, like the whole attention was on me in class today, I love the white Lilies Anya and her boyfriend Keiynan brought me they usually sit behind me, I received countless flowers that I have to hug them to the parking hall like a mad woman.

I dropped to the back seat and sigh before an envelope fell from a flower, I picked it up and check both sides but there is no writing on it, my curiosity get the best of me and I opened it, it was a handwritten note, ‘Be careful Alia.’ what is this? I grabbed the flower to check and another one fall out of it, I picked it up and opened it, it was bold handwriting and this time around I thought I know where this is coming from. The handwriting says ‘Stay away from him for good.’ This must be Sophia but if I could remember a girl in my class gave me the flower, Brianna. Tons of questions begin to dance in my heart, did Sophia send her? is she part of their squad? But I never heard Imran speak of her. Well, that is the least I should worry about, Imran is waiting for me at the coffee shop I have to go there before I run late, I don't want to make it late to the shop, Kee will kill me.

I hopped into the car and left. My phone buzzed, it was a message from Fadeel, it was a birthday wish promising he will call me later in the evening

.....

“Woah Alia Bhatt you look extra dashing today! Imran shrieked at the sight of me taking a sit across our usual table.

I am wearing Fendi today, wide-leg black pants, a long sleeve elastic shirt, and a logo print reversible monogram jacquard fringed poncho with 6 inches of heels in the lightest shade of brow from Manolo Blahnik, I am wearing my mom's scarf today it's silky and light brown, even after decades it looks new. Kee gave my face a beat today when I say a beat I mean something out of my comfort zone it's nude yet not but I look different. I wear the Kundan earring she gifted me, it's from Karan Johar’s Tyaani, I love the polki one too but the Kundan goes better with my outfit, also with a Kate spade cross-chest satchel. I love it, I think I will get some for the store.

“Thank you Hero, what's up with the call? I asked and he smile absentmindedly.

“Hey, stop auditing me okay? Lower your gaze.” I smirk and he grins like an idiot.

“Well, I am just wondering how someone could ever look this way, Alia.” He remarks and before I get to speak my phone buzzed and I winced when I take it to check, it's a message from my dad, I smile reading it, it's a passage of prayers and blessing. When I was done reading I look up at Imran and he immediately dropped his phone signaling he did something.

“Did you snap me a picture, Imran? I asked unbelievably and he smile like a criminal. Damn it. God bless you Imran else it will be something else from my mouth. I rolled my eyes under my shade.

“Yeah, why not? He smirks. “By the way, I love your taste in sunshade Lily.” He taunts smilingly.

“Lily? I gave him a questionable look and he raised a single brow at me.

“That’s what your best friend calls you, isn't it? He asked.

“That’s meant for her, look for yours.” I rolled my eyes.

“Well, I have a lot in my heart and I call you with it, in there.” He said and froze. I was about to say something meaningless when my eyes caught something, a bandage on his wrist.

“Did you fight someone Imran? I asked with a light scowl and he frown.

“What? What did you see? He jabbered.

“Your wrist,” I said pointing at it and he surprised me with a smile.

“Well if you are talking about this, you should wait, you will soon know.” He said and I appeared confused, I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off.

“No, no, Alia don't ask too much questions.” He said and I raised my hands slightly in surrender, his phone buzzed and he look up uncomfortable.

“I have to go and answer this call.” He said and exit the shop without waiting for my reply.

Well this is odd, is he hiding something? He look very uncomfortable at the sight of the caller and I couldn't see who, that's very much none of my damn business but I hope is not someone that will trash his baby hope for a better life.

Minutes later he isn't back, I begin to worry, it's almost ten minutes. 15 minutes later my phone buzzed. It's a message from him.
‘Just go we will talk later.’ Really Imran, what is this? I am pissed. Call me here without any solid reason and leave me without any reason. Good, maybe I am the one living in my bubbles, this is too good to be true, Imran behaving well for long.

I grabbed my phone frustratingly and head out of the shop, this man find a way to run my birthday somehow. I hopped into my car and headed to the shop and that is where I met the great disaster, traffic, Great! What a wonderful birthday. I spent almost 40 minutes in the traffic jam before I finally arrived.

When I get into the shop, no one is there, like it's closed, it's impossible, how can the shop be empty by this hour of the day, what is going on today? First handwritten notes then Imran's odd behavior, terrible traffic, and now an empty shop? I losing it, honestly. I picked up my phone to call Kee but the light goes off and I begin to panic. I take a step into the shop and heard a loud shrill coming down from upstairs and I run up there. The minute I enter, I stilled.

What the heck is going on here?

“Happy birthday to you Alia.” they all shouted in unison as the lights goes on.

Well, this is unexpected, what? The clothing floor doesn't look like one, the entire place is out of its look, it is exquisitely decorated with flowers, candles, party lights,  cool music ongoing, fireworks, and the huge cakes on the automatic turning tables. The place looks heavenly, they are all wearing a black sweatshirts with a print of Happy birthday Alia on them and denim ankle-length jeans. Kehlani, Jo, Cass, Samantha, Raven, Veronica, Jade, and what? I must be dreaming! This isn't Imran, my eyes must be kidding me, maybe I am hallucinating how come I didn't see him all this while if he is real. My eyes were stuck on him trying to make my vision clear when I see him smirk. Idiot! It's him. I smile and look away.

“Guys are you for real? I shouted and they laughed.

“What is all this,” I say taking steps towards them while Jo increases the volume of the music.

“It’s for you, Lily! Kehlani grin and I give her a big hug and she hugs me back before whispering into my ear. “Not my idea baby girl.” She said and I pull out eagerly.

“What? I whispered, she turned to Imran and back at me before she winked at me and I stilled. What? Imran did this, I was about to go to him but I got distracted by Raven.

“Come on let's dance Boss! It's your day.” She said with a big smile and hold my hand.

“For the hundred millionth time, Raven call me Alia, okay? I said and she smile and lead me to where the speakers are. This must be Jo’s work, this is huge for a person like me when it comes to birthday’s I don't celebrate them like that, instead of throwing a lavish party like this, I prefer buying myself something tangible.