Chapter 72

“I agreed to that because I need a good influence and I am sure with him I would get the excellent. My lack faith and knowledge of Islam was what hit him hard and he took it upon his self to help me, as far as I am willing to and will cooperate, as you said to me at our first meeting.

“He gave me a beautiful room his apartment, I offered to pay the rent for a year but he refused to that, he only allowed me to make my room the way I wanted it to be. To keep it professional I goes to the hospital for the therapy sessions and the Islamic studies at home, he monitored me with special diet plan and Islamic ways of healing, Zamzam was the only water I take, with seven dates first thing in the morning and last thing in the night along with a mixture of honey and other Islamic herbs.

“He brought Islamic books and histories of the prophets and Tabi’un, He make time to take me to Islamic lectures especially that of Sheikh Bilal Philips and Nouman Ali Khan, I didn't completely gave in until the day I met Zakir Naik, Dr Amjad heard that he would hold a lectures in Madina, so he decided to book one on one appointment for me with him. The man knows Islam like the back of his palms, he asked me to feel free and ask as much questions I wanted to ask, he knows why said that, even the last question that makes no meaning to me has it answer. I didn't left that office until I completely, submissively and wholeheartedly gave into Islam with full force of irrevocable and unconditional faith. That was what helped my mental health journey Alia.”

“I stop questioning things at a certain point, I know my borderline to that kind of thoughts, I know of who shaytan is and how he can use an ounce of doubt in my heart to overpower my mind to take me back to square one. I understood the power of mind. things begin to look straight for me, Dr Zakir Naik advise me to enrolled in the Muslim brotherhood classes for the beginners which I did. Most times during the therapy sessions I would talk about you for hours, the good moments, the terrible ones, the night I left you the hospital, your words and preachings, your happy face when I remember things you thought me, until Dr Amjad crammed everything. I once asked him if he ever had clients with DPD and so in love but when they were able to stand alone after they fall out for those people, he said he had more than 15 of them but there are also the ones who never let go of those people, some where trying to force it yet others is too real. Since then I take it upon me to pray for khair.”

“Alia I had a very organized life at Mecca, we prayed tahajjud together with Dr Amjad every night, we do recite the Quran and add up to me beyond where we stopped in the classes, we did Hadith, he explain the translation and commentary, We did Fiqhu and most importantly Tauhid. I called Kehlani once a week to hear about you, sometimes I will begged her to take the phone to where you are but she never agreed to that, she said if you won't get to hear from me then it's not fair for you. She doesn't agreed to tell me anything more than you fine or you are happy.”

“I decided to come and pay you a visit at New York when I was done with the beginners class, I clicked 5 Juz in the Quran and have 10 Hadith off head. Amjad wished me luck and asked me to come back on time, I decided to go to Scotland first, I went to see Laura because I learnt to accept that I would never find a mother better than her, she was so happy and overwhelmed, she said she would call you but I asked her not to, because I wanted to surprise you, it was a happy moment for the Bradfords and I.

When I went to New York and heard about your recent departure, I decided to come here because I really can't wait. So here I am Alia. I come here to see you and to show you the outcome of your Intelligence, selflessness and hard-work. Alia, I do pray 5 times a day now along with Tahajjud, I did one Ramadhan which was really tough and performed to Hajj together with Dr Amjad last year.”

By the time I was  done with my long speech, Alia is fully sobbing into her palms.

“Alia, what is this please? you should happy, maybe jumping around here not shedding tears, stop that okay? I soothe, my eyes getting wet too.