Chapter 3

_ . _

Chapter 3

Athens, the most powerful and prosperous empire, is the capital of Greece. It was owned by Athena, the Goddess of War and Wisdom. Centuries ago, Athena had completely conquered the capital of Greece, which was ruled by an Egyptian king. It had also become a threat for them because the Egyptians were influencing Greece and Rome with their own gods, establishing their own religion in the capital.

Athena eliminated the threats herself, per Zeus' orders. In return, her father gifted her the capital, which was named after herself, Athens. It was at that time that Athena already had a child, which she adopted from Gaia, the Mother of Earth. She made her own child the king of Athens, who ruled over the people with his mother by his side. The child was named Erichthonius, a child born from the very soil of the earth.

Athena had raised her own son in secret, placing him in a small basket and giving the child away to the three daughters of King Cecrops, the founder of the capital of Greece. The three daughters raised Erichthonius to be a fine man and a wise king, who is now the ruler of Athens.

"Pass him over." Samael regained his consciousness from the noise of a woman. He slowly opened his eyes, finding himself inside a wooden cage that was pulled by horses with two women coaching.

"What should we do with him first?" Samael heard the other woman ask her companion.

The other woman pondered for a while and eventually shrugged as she replied, "I don't know. I think his majesty will somehow handle it, seeing that he knew that the goddess said she would bring him a gift."

Samael sat properly and leaned on the wooden carriage. Seeing that he's now dressed in white, he must've returned to his human form after encountering Athena. He glanced at his surroundings, looking at the stalls of jewelry and different kinds of street foods that the merchants were selling. There were people who were busy minding their own business, children who were running and playing in the streets, and some homeless people begging for food and money.

Samael redirected his attention when the carriage turned right onto an alley and halted. The two women jumped down the wooden wagon and opened the carriage. Samael just glanced at them and obediently went out of the cage. The two women seemed astounded as they both glanced at him with an expression showing a slight sympathy. They both checked the chains on Samael's hands and feet before they proceeded deep into the narrow alley.

"Hey, Medusa's kid." Samael glanced at the woman in the ponytail who called him. "You're wise enough to surrender yourself to Goddess Athena. I advise you to stay low and be obedient. In that way, you'll survive and gain freedom after this."

"........"

Samael stared at him for a while before giving her an expressionless nod as he replied, "I understand."

"Don't ever anger his majesty if you want your head intact." The other woman also advised him.

Samael also nodded to her without replying. Even with the two women sympathizing with him, he doesn't feel much better. The three of them stopped in front of a wooden trap door that was covered in dusted carpet. The pony-tailed woman removed the carpet and pulled open the trap door, revealing the stone of the stairs that led down the pathway of darkness.

The two women climbed down, while Samael followed from behind. As soon as they went inside, the trap door closed by itself, and it seems that the carpet also went back to its previous position. The other woman released a ball of divine energy, radiating a ball of golden light at the center of her palm to illuminate the dark pathway.