Chapter 19: The Beast within

Within a small supply building within Magnolia, we see Paul, Ross and Reedus inside and protecting Lucy while she is laying on the floor, still sleep as Ross looked out of the window to ensure no Imperial forces found where they are at or if they were followed.

Ross: Looks like we're clear, for now.

Reedus: We just need to stay here long enough until this battle is wrong.

Ross: I afraid that won't be possible when it comes to the empire.

Reedus: What makes you say that?

Ross: The Empire is one of the most powerful military in all of the galaxy. They have crushed many rebellion worlds across different planets, wiped out anyone who stand up against them and even tracked down and killed many jedi.

Reedus: Just like how you and your partner did?

Ross: We told you, we warn jedi our coming and help them to escape. We're like spies for any jedi survivors.

Reedus: Then why blow your cover?

Paul: Because of the Kyber saber. We know that the empire will not let this go so we have no choice but to blow our cover by helping Y/n and your guild and keep the Kybee saber safe.

Reedus: I see.

Slowly Lucy started to wake up and then sat up as everyone turn to see her waking up.

Lucy: What happened?

Paul: You were put to sleep and we're now hiding here so Phantom or the empire won't find you.

Lucy: Oh....I see.

Then Paul approaches Lucy and sat down on the box across from her and then ask her.

Paul: I know this maybe none of our business but we wanna know what happened to your family? Why did you run away from your family and why your father wants you back? If you don't want to talk about it then that's alright but we wanna know.

Lucy let's out a heavy sigh and after a short while of thinking she tells them.

Lucy: My father wasn't a bad father. I lived in a happy and rich life with my mother and father in a huge mansion in a beautiful veiw of the hills. We live in a happy life together and I love them both. Then......my mother got sick and she passed away. I think that's when my father close himself off with me or anyone and forced on his work and his company rather then his own daughter which is me. I try to spend some time with him when I was a child but......he was not interested and kicked me out by yelling at me.

Ross: That's terrible.

Paul: You knew your father was sadden by your mother's death so why did you leave him?

Lucy: Don't give me wrong I never wanted to leave him and try my best but.....I figured all he ever wanted is to be alone and so......I did. I left when I've gotten order and didn't bother to say goodbye since.....he didn't care about me no more. I thought he'll change and search for me or continue to be alone but......I never knew he'll hire another guild to damage our guild, hurt Levy and her team and injured Makarov all so he can take me back. I was a fool and I'm sorry.

Lucy started to tear up when Paul sat up and press his hand onto her shoulder and tells her.

Paul: None of us ain't perfect Lucy. Sometimes we have to leave to follow their own path. I'm not saying your father was bad, I understand the pain of losing someone he cares for.....but he should've been responsible and find you himself but whatever the reason, its not your fault or anyones fault. Your an adult, you make your own decisions in your life and no one else.