Consciousness

Buck woke up, soaking wet and in a little bit of pain. He looked around to see where he was, he was surrounded by trees and water. Like a really small lake or river. He didn't know where he was, he did remember most of what had happened. He was on an emergency call with the 118, a second landslide happened and he has swept away. He didn't pass out from the landslide though, as Buck reached up to touch his head he felt a cut that was bleeding a bit. He passed out from hitting his head on a rock in the small lake/river. Buck assumed he must have drifted down with the water to where he is now.
Buck tried to get up, surprisingly he wasn't in any pain he was just exhausted and thirsty. Buck rested for a bit before using the tree that he was propped up on as a wall to use to stand. He was able to stand and walk normally, with no pain, and no broken bones. It was a miracle. He felt for his radio but noticed it was gone and so was his helmet.

He walked through the trees, not knowing if he was even going the right way. Buck walked for about half an hour, taking small breaks in between. As Buck was taking one of his breaks he heard people, a girl, and a guy, he screamed hoping they would hear him, and they did. Buck saw the girl and guy, what looked like maybe father and daughter running toward him.

"Hey, are you okay?" The guy asked bending down to buck

"Uh...not injured but I am lost," Buck told them

"Are you a firefighter?" The girl asked

"Ya... my team and I were on an emergency call about a landslide, the second one hit and I was taken away with it."

"You look thirsty, here have some water and come with us. Are truck isn't far from here, we will drive you to the hospital." The guy said, handing Buck a bottle of water

"Thank you"

***********************************

They got to the truck, the girl sat in the back the guy drove and Buck sat in the passenger seat.

"What's your name," the guy asked

"Evan. Evan Buckley, but Buck is fine."

"Well Buck, my name is John and that's my daughter Kendra."

"Thank you John and Kendra for helping me. Sorry for ruining your day." Buck apologized

"Oh, don't worry about it, we were going to see the damage of the landslide. We heard it from our house."

"How long ago was the landslide?" Buck asked

"It happened a few days ago" Kendra let out from the back of the truck

I was passed out for a few days, damn. Buck thought

John drove them to the hospital and helped Buck get out of the car and into a room where the doctors and nurses were doing their thing.

"Thank you so much, John and Kendra, you saved my life." Buck thanked them

"Of course, we hope you get better, your team is probably worried about you," John stated

"Ya...they probably are," Buck said hesitantly

John and Kendra left the hospital. Buck sat in the hospital room waiting for the doctor to come in to run some tests. Buck sat there thinking about what John said about his team being worried. Buck didn't believe him, why would they be worried? They haven't cared at all for the past few weeks since he tried to sue them, so why would they care?
Bucks' train of thought left as the doctor came in, they did a few tests on him and now they just have to wait.
***********************************
Probably half an hour later the doctor came in and told Buck he had a clean bill of health except for a few scrapes and bruises and the cut on his head he was free to go. The doctor did ask if he wanted to call anybody but Buck declined.