Eleven

Baizhu pulled the blanket over tucking him in after having thoroughly examined Aether. He had still to awaken. The blood transfusion was successful, and he slowly recovered what he had lost, however he showed no signs of waking. Paimon was extremely worried, she floated pacing around, Ganyu was in the room as well as Zhongli who had brought him to be in Baizhu's care.

"How is he doctor?" Zhongli asked,

"Ah, you call me so formally." Baizhu smiled not minding, "He is well, for now." He answered and checked his temperature, he was still quite cold. "He isn't out of the woods just yet. Thankfully, his body accepted the transfusion, but the care he needs now is an absolute must."

"P-Paimon will take care of him!" Paimon said, "Paimon won't ever leave his side!"

Ganyu smiled and also spoke up for Aether's care, "I will assist her, allow us, please."

Zhongli also included himself for other reasons, "I will also look after him, we can do it together."

"Alright." Baizhu nodded agreeing, "I will sign the prescription, take it to the pharmacy to have it filled." He signed it right there and gave it to Paimon who went for it. "Follow the directions closely, his injuries are quite serious and need enough time to heal. I will be by daily to see his progress. If something urgent happens, call me immediately."

"Yes, thank you." Ganyu bowed, Paimon nodded and bowed her head.

Zhongli on the other hand said, "Might I have a word?"

"Of course." They stepped out.

Paimon flew over to Aether who was quietly laying in the warm bed. She furrowed her brows touching his cheek, "T-Traveler..." she sniffled sad already, "P-Paimon will take good care of you! So wake up soon!"

"Yes." Ganyu smiled comforting her, "Please wake soon." They watched over him making sure he wasn't in any pain or uncomfortable.

Aether was quiet the entire time, even as they were called by Zhongli having to leave for a moment. The room was silent, the window slightly open. Gently, a hand touched his cheek. So cold, but warming as the thumb traced just under his eye catching a tear that escaped.

He stood beside the bed watching him. Xiao narrowed his eyes, it hurt to see him like this, there was no anger this time, these feelings were strange and mixed. He sighed softly, "Have I.. failed?"

Paimon opened the door going back in, there was no one there. She floated back in and sat on the bed watching Aether. It was all she could do now.

The days they spent caring for him, Paimon and Ganyu realized they had to bathe Aether and both were too embarrassed to do so, so Zhongli explained that is why he offered. Applying the medicine to his wounds, and tending to them was Ganyu who had much experience with treating humans.

Paimon helped Ganyu to cook meals and feed him soups, easy to get into his mouth, and for him to swallow though they had quite a few frights from this.

Zhongli bathed and clothed him, Aether was light enough to pick up, and seemed to lose more weight from the liquid diet as he couldn't chew solids. This however, now concerened Baizhu who explained this weight loss could be dangerous.

It was a hard hit to take, and one Paimon and Ganyu couldn't handle. Zhongli on the other hand understood what came with fragile mortals. This was inevitable, but still he hoped for the best.

On a warmer day, he had just finished bathing him, having dried Aether thoroughly he lay him on the bed and clothed him carefully. The wounds had been cleared of any infections and harm, but they healed too slowly to handle him roughly.