Chapter 4

_ . _

Chapter 4

The palace was busy as usual. Maids were everywhere, cleaning and dusting away every corner of the hall. What's busier was the king's chamber, where there are maids busy putting up his clothes; there are some who are
cleaning the bed and curtains, while some are combing his long golden hair.

"Where is the head maid?" The young king asked his maids. The maids answered in respect as they continued to do their jobs, "Outside, Your Majesty."

The young king frowned. "Hmm. I think it's about time that so-called gift comes." The maids glanced at each other as they continued to do their jobs. Within the deafening silence, the young king heaved a breath, waved his hand, and spoke. "Call the head maid in."

Within half a minute, the old head maid entered the chamber. She lowered her head and bowed down as a sign of respect, greeting the young king. "For what reason did you call me Your Majesty?"

"Where's that gift that Mother said?" The young king asked with his brows knitted into a frown.

The old head maid went silent for a while before she hesitantly answered, "In the stables, Your Majesty."

The maids' hands were slightly flinched. Despite that, they continued to do their job. The young king just stood still and stared at the old head maid for a while before he spoke in a low, deep voice. "For what reason is that gift in the stables? Is it within my order?"

"No, it's not within your majesty's order." The old head maid stuttered as she answered.

"Then why is the gift in the stables?"

"This subordinate thought that your majesty is busy... so, in consideration, I assigned the b-boy to work in the stables." The old head maid could feel the heavy pressure as she answered in a stuttering way.

"Oh, I see." All of a sudden, the whole chamber was covered in fire; it was so bright to the point that the maids mistook it for gold, until they slowly felt the blazing heat of the floor and walls.

The maids screamed and hugged each other in a place where there was less heat. The old head maid felt her body slowly burning, but she still stood and bowed to the young king despite the heat climbing up her body.

The young king's brows were knitted into a deep frown, his eyes were glaring while his lips were slightly growling, and a fang started to grow from his mouth. "You're deciding on your own? Out of consideration, you said? Do you think of me as a joke just because my mother appointed me herself without even proving that I'm worthy to be king?"

"N-No, your majesty, I—"

"Ha." The young king combed his hair and closed his eyes as he heaved a heavy breath. As soon as he opened his eyes, his pupil radiated a golden glow, as if his eyes were burning themselves. "Humans are really ungrateful. Gods give you blessings and mercy, yet you do this to us in return."

"N-No! Have mercy, your majesty! I promise I won't do it again."

"Marcellus." With a single call from the young king, a void of shadow appeared at the corner of the burning chamber, followed by a man sitting on a table without his half-clothes on, smiling at the amusing scene that he saw.

" With a single call from the young king, a void of shadow appeared at the corner of the burning chamber, followed by a man sitting on a table without his half-clothes on, smiling at the amusing scene that he saw