Chapter 6

A/N: This chapter and many to come, has already been read by @SudrianSignalman  Special thanks goes to for the feedback he has given to me on the chapters and plot of the story!

Henry usually took the morning run when he didn't take the Flying Kipper. This train stops at the more populated parts of the island, which included having connections with branch lines. Knapford Junction was the first stop on the line, with Henry meeting Thomas or Daisy there., today it was Thomas.

"Morning Henry," called the tank engine as Henry stopped on the platform next to his own, "are you doing alright?"

Henry pondered the question. "To be honest, I'm a bit confused..." he said slowly, he then explained to Thomas what Simon said to him yesterday. By the time he was finished, the tank engine looked carefully at the green engine, peering at him like he wasn't okay.

"You sure you didn't have any bad coal this morning?" he quizzed Henry.

Henry rolled his eyes. "Good one," he retorted, "well... what do you think?"

"I mean..." said Thomas, "it just sounds ridiculous, Simon must be on some bad coal himself to think that."

"Did you ever question it?" asked Henry, "when I first came back, did you ever wonder if I was actually the original one?"

"I did wonder how they did it," said Thomas, "but never did I thought you were an entirely different engine. A clone. After all, you're still a grump to be around."

"And you're a cheeky sod," said Henry, a little offended, but after a moment, he gave a small smile, "thank you."

"No worries," Thomas replied, he then pondered on Henry's predicament.

"Why don't you just go and ask Stephen if you can see any documents in the shed?" asked Thomas, "I'm sure Stephen can get some and even then, I don't think anyone would care about Stanier's Will by now. After all, he did pass away in the 1960s."

Thomas looked over to Henry's deadpanned expression. "No offense to Stanier himself of course," Thomas said innocently.

"I think me asking Stephen on the subject would be a bit of a problem," sighed Henry, "we're not really talking since that whole... quarrel at the works."

Thomas pondered carefully on what the green engine said, then an idea struck him. "Then just get an engine that Stephen can trust, that you can trust also in a task like this."

"Like who?" Henry asked.

Thomas grinned cheekily. "I think someone would like to get in good graces with you."

***

Stephen was in his office that evening when the stationmaster came knocking at the door. "Edward is wanting to see you, sir," he informed.

Stephen sighed and put his pen down. "Does he now?" he said, as he grabbed his blazer from the back of his chair. He walked out and went to the blue engine who sat with his evening train, Gordon was just departing with his own train, leaving the station quite silent, over then the few remaining passengers getting into Edward's coaches. Stephen walked up to the blue engine and stopped in front of him.

"Yes, Edward?"

"I was thinking... about Stanier's Will?" said Edward.

"What about it?" quizzed Stephen.

"I think I need to look at it or need to know what's in it," said Edward, "it's about Henry."

Stephen stared at the blue engine. "Why?"