00

"You have no right to disobey your mother, Yume. This is for your own good if you want to save your career and keep being a doctor in my hospital!" Mom yells at me.

"You're selling me! Don't you know that they're a bunch of assassins?!" I argued back.

My mother wanted to arrange my marriage with the eldest in the Zoldyck Family, Illumi, and that has been the root of our non-stop arguments.

"Don't forget that you almost ruined my hospital's reputation, Yume! We're doomed if only we didn't cover up for your selfishness! Look at the mess that you've made. And now we've gone bankrupt!" she yelled.

"Mother, that man harassed me!"

"You could've just let it slide! He wasn't your direct patient! You didn't have to kill him!" she pointed fingers at me and I was taken aback. I didn't expect her to scream at me like that, blaming me for taking action when a patient offended me! "Now, here's what's going to happen..." she trails off with that familiar sneer and I immediately shook my head.

"No," I stared at her in disbelief.

"Listen, Yume. You will marry that man, Illumi Zoldyck... You won't even have to seduce him or what. Your bank account will be loaded with millions-no, let me rephrase that. Billions... it will be loaded with billions of money as soon as you get married, especially if you succeeded in giving them a grandchild. Think of your future, Yume...you are capable of bearing a child. Think of the Himari Hospital... I am only doing what's best for you, and mother will always know the best," she says every word with passion and greed as her fucking creepy fake-ass smile grew wider on her face. 

If you didn't know her, you'd probably fall for her manipulation. But I know better.

I have always known how selfish she is.

She has consistently demonstrated her greediness for money, power, and authority to me.

Well at least, for that part, she's consistent.

"I'm ashamed that you're my mother," I gritted my teeth, staring through her soul as I shot her a glare of anger.

Only then did I let the tears fall from my eyes when I walked out of the room.