08

p.s. it's a long chapter ahead. take your time!
———————————————————

DOLL

...

"Hey, have you seen my-oh, nevermind..."

When we entered Illumi's room, the clothes were already there. It's going to be a formal photoshoot, so I'll have to wear a gown. Though they provided us with clothes, at first, I thought it would not fit my taste. But then, I was shocked to see the dresses in Illumi's room to be like my wardrobe. Every piece was fascinating, and it's catching my eyes so much.

Illumi's room is big. That's why even if there are almost ten racks of dresses here, excluding his suits, there's still so much space.

"Good thing your mom has a taste in fashion," I whisper lowly.

"Mhmm..."

I went around the racks for a good thirty minutes, until I finally found a dress that I'd like to wear for the photoshoot.

It's an off-shoulder type of dress, but the sleeve part hangs right on my shoulder, not totally off, but it fits enough for it not to fall. The flowery design starts from the hip line, crawling its way up to my chest, where asymmetrical petals will surely hold and hug my chest well. I picked the design because it matches my sleeve tattoo, and it also reveals my nape and a bit of my spine tattoo.

The overall dress is shiny, and the grayish mesh color as a base is making my skin look lighter. It overflows as if it's an actual wedding dress, but with spice. The fabric that was used was almost close to silk.

It was like the gown itself was made perfectly for me. It suits me well.

But I, for sure, will need help in wearing that one.

I took a deep breath in and was preparing to ask for some help from one of the female butlers, but Illumi was already a step ahead of me. He seemed to notice the trouble in my expression and began walking towards me.

His necktie is still undone.

"Do you need help with that?" He asks nicely, pointing to the dress I separated from the rack. I placed it flat on his bed and was contemplating whether to get help or wear it myself. But since I was afraid that I'd ruin the dress by trying to wear it, I have decided to ask for help... But not from Illumi!

"Uhm," I looked around the room, trying to find the right words.

"It'll be difficult to zip that up from the side, not to mention that it has to be from the inside," he says, eyeing the zipper.

There goes another problem.

The dress was perfectly made, but the zipper is from the inside. It is made like that so the dress will not be ruined by the visibility of the zipper, since it kind of doesn't match the vibe of the dress. It means I really have to ask someone for help and it also means that they will be having skin contact with me no matter what I do, since I won't be able to reach it fully.

"Can we get the female butlers? Call Canary," I suggest.

"They're butlers, not maids. And they're probably busy with security since the entire mountain will be open for strangers on the day of our wedding," Illumi says while wearing his tuxedo, still having his eyes fixed on me.

My brain started bringing flashbacks from previous events, especially when we were at the mall to run some errands. The image of him in the dark, towering over me in public, and having our guns pointed at each other's necks... It wasn't easy to keep it off my mind.