Chapter 5

Thursday.

Hawks could hear the sound of yelling and someone crying from the living room. The sound was foreign to him and he feared that they had been found and the heroes were going to arrest them. 

Dabi was in no state to fight. - he thought, looking at Dabi who was sitting on the bed, staring silently at the wall in front of him. He still hasn't spoken a word to anyone, but thankfully he began eating again even if it was only a small portion, but Hawks was glad nevertheless.

He couldn't hear any sound of fighting, just the sound of crying and someone saying 'where is he?' over and over again.

He reluctantly left Dabi to investigate what was happening. His wings sharpened, ready to attack whoever was stupid enough to come to the league of villains hideout (if he wasn't a hero. But why does a hero come by himself? - Hawks thought. Maybe the others were waiting for the perfect moment to attack.) 

Finally, he reached the living room and then he froze in his steps as he took in the scene in front of him - 

Spinner was holding one of his swords at Todoroki Natsuo's neck and the rest of the league were ready to attack him, even Shigaraki was on high alert.

"Natsuo?" The name tumbled out of his mouth like he didn't have control of his mouth. 

"Hawks!" Natsuo cried, his head snapped to look at where Hawks was standing and thankfully, Spinner's sword didn't injure him. 

"What are you doing here —?" But before Hawks continued his question, Natsuo cut him off.

"Where is he?" He asked, taking a step forward towards Hawks, not even realising when the rest of the league tensed and were ready to kill him if he did anything. "Please, tell me that he is alive. I need to know, Hawks." He said, tears started to fall down his face, but he didn't care - he just wanted to see his brother. "Please, Hawks. I need to know if Touya was alive or not." He said. "I can't let go of the chance of knowing that he is alive."

The tears continued to stream down Natsuo's cheeks. His voice sounded so broken, but it had a hint of hope -  hope to see his brother. Even though his brother was a villain, Natsuo would accept him and he would welcome him with open arms because Touya had always been everything to Natsuo; his brother, his best friend and his hero. And when he watched Hawks' broadcast, the only thought that was running through his head was Touya is alive, Touya is alive because Hawks would never know what happened behind their closed doors without someone telling him. And then he saw Dabi's limp body in Hawks' arms -

How can he be so stupid to not recognize his own brother? How could he not know that Dabi was Touya? 

"Dabi is the only one who looks like Touya, same eyes, same quirk and everything." It was the first thing Shoto said to him over the phone. His younger brother's voice was wet with tears.

"I know." He whispered. His heart was pounding in his chest, threatening to fall out of its confines.

"He wasn't moving, Natsuo," Shoto said because even though Dabi was a villain who attacked his class, he was still his older brother.

"I know, sho." Natsuo's voice was still barely a whisper and he felt so helpless at not helping his siblings.

He didn't tell Shoto or Fuyumi that he started looking for where the league was staying because he knew that they would stop him. So, he went through the streets of the underground and the sketchy areas, searching and asking about the league hideout. They refused to tell him because apparently, people began to support the league after Hawks joined them. Some people even called them the league of vigilantes. But finally, someone had told him about it - a man named Giran who apparently was aware of who Natsuo was and his relation to Dabi.