Chapter 3

Mostly Neteyam's pov

Once me and my family had gotten settled into our new home tsireya told me and lo'ak to meet her by the waters so we could start training.

Lo'ak smiled, i'll be there

"You mean we'll be there neteyam said raising an eyebrow"

"Yeah yeah you know what i meant"

"Neteyam chuckled at his little brother,Is this what they call love at first sight?

~~~~~~~

Before we started to head out we gathered in a circle ready to hear fathers instructions.

You guys are smart kids, do whatever they teach you' and dont get into any fights,were guests here we need to make an good impression. Do you kids understand?

Yes father they all say before walking out to meet up with tsireya and her brother,"

Before i left father put a hand on my sholder,"

"Neteyam protect your brother and sisters, as you can tell we aren't very welcomed here."

"Yes sir"

~~~~~~~~~~~

"He walked through the bridges the Metkayina had built,they were quite bouncy'he had to admit. it was pretty fun to walk on especially when the breeze was blowing,he looked ahead to see the cheifs children and his siblings, seems they had reached before him.

"Neteyam what took you so long his little sister tuk came running up to him.

"Oh did i take that long neteyam said chuckling"

"Took you long enough" The cheifs son interupted
"Neteyam bowed and Apologized"  sorry it took me awhile"

"So what's your name forest boy"

I am Neteyam, he said ignoring the nickname.

Well neteyam, I am Aonung
Im Rotxo- another metkayina boy interupted.

Did you guys introduce yourselves Neteyam asked looking over to his siblings.

"Of course we did lo'ak and kiri said in sync." 

Author: im sorry the writing style switched😭

"Well then since everyone knows each other now, lets see you forest kids diving .

Aonung dived into the water, with tsireya giving us a good luck diving in after him along with Rotxo'

"Isn't she pretty, yeah yeah she's a beauty now come on lover boy neteyam said pushing his brother into the water'

"lo'ak wasn't gonna let that slide and grabbed his brothers foot pulling him into the water along with him, Both boys laughed-

Soon after tuk and kiri jumped in after them,
"lo'ak I can hold my breath longer than you"Tuk said

"Yeah we'll see about that shorty"

"Alright come on guys neteyam said"

"Neteyam could feel the embrace of the water as he dove under,he saw fishes and creatures he's never seen ever in his life there were also all sorts of plants even some with tentacles at the bottom of the water,he looked forward to see the metkayina navi were way ahead.

"He swam after them along with his siblings following behind,he had to admit they were pretty fast maybe its because their tails are larger than ours, the way they sway in the water must help them swim.

Neteyam then stopped and motioned at his siblings up, indicating he had to breath, they nodded and also pointed up' They swam up quickly and caught their breath.

"Look guys, they're still down there tuk said pointing at the metkayina navi."

After they all caught their breath they swam back down, But once again they had to go back up to the surface.

"How can they stay under so long neteyam wondered,? he swam back under again but soon needed to breath he motioned to the surface at the metkayina siblings, but they only turned to each other and did something with their fingers, Neteyam looked at them confused but swam back up to the surface.

"Im tired tuk complained"

Same here lo'ak said'

"Neteyam laughed at them, i thought you guys could hold on longer Just hang in there guys' as he said this the two metkayina siblings rose to the surface along with rotxo'

Aonung smirked, You are not good divers, Thats wh-

Tsireya interupted him saying,Don't worry we'll teach you to breath

But first we wanna teach you to ride.

"Are you sure they can handle it baby sister Aonung said smirking"?

"We can totally handle it lo'ak quickly snapped back

"Neteyam eyed Aonung, whats this guys problem,?