Let's see if I understood correctly.

He was sitting in the living room and staring at a fixed point on the wall.  Anthony walked in and was perplexed for a moment....
"Colin...Did you take another round of the lilac powder? Or did you drink too much bad cognac."  he said sighing.
"What's going on?"
"Sorry?"
"What's going on? This is not my life."
"When, a year ago, I told you that you were making a bad choice, you should have listened to me..but no....why listen to this stupid brother, who has done so much to give you the best. You are smart Colin you know and you're an excellent writer, I hadn't imagined you'd go that far. But at the expense of what? You drink like you've never drunk before, every now and then I have to come and look for you in some disgusting brothel, take that powder that makes you unrecognizable. Hai made questionable choices and all because you didn't accept a rejection."  said Anthony in one breath
"How long have you been waiting to tell me that."  Colin said
"It's been a long time, this morning you missed your appointment with the publisher again and 2 months waiting for the final draft of the third book, Colin you've already received the advance! You want to bring us another scandal."
"Another scandal?"
"I'd like to forget Colin too I can assure you."
"I....I really don't remember"
"You nearly killed someone, Colin, damn you. You were drinking and god knows what you were in for. You were out of control. We are only saved from the pillory because Penelope spoke before the Queen herself."
"I... who did I hurt?"
"He was Penelope's suitor, you didn't want her in your life, but you didn't want anyone to approach her. You made life difficult for him. He had to request a formal notice to keep you from approaching her, from the queen. You realize!!And now you're here...as if nothing had happened...Colin my patience is so close" making a gesture with 2 fingers very close "to making you reap what you have sown by yourself. Luckily dad is dead. You would have killed him again from the pain"
These words gave Colin the final blow.  He had to sit down again and was struggling to breathe.
Anthony was close in time to catch him before he pitched forward and fell to the ground.
"Tom...Tom...call a doctor now!"  he told the butler about him.